• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Soooo, Rascal's moulting but as he was only born in April, does that mean he's shedding his baby coat and getting his 'grown up' coat?? Or is he shedding his summer coat for his winter coat? Or indeed his winter coat (if that's what he was born with) for a summer coat??

Dizzi seems to be shedding quite a lot of fur too but it doesn't seem to be changing - its still quite downey, but her markings are getting a bit darker.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand what's going on with them.

xx

I think a lot of bunnies are shedding right now to get their winter coat. If that helps.

Mine were born in April too (4½ months now) and I've only just started to notice them moulting. Not much though, just noticed hair in their vetbed (and then on me when I changed it!) and picked a tuft off Pepper the other day.

well - Arrabella has shiny "adult" looking fur now....and her skin is pinkish underneath....but Indiana I think still has her baby fluff fur cuae if oyu look at her skin there is loads of new growth fur soming through? very odd.....they were born in Jan 2010.:shock::?

Back