• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh litter tray digging U/D ouch my finger hurts got bitten!!

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Radish decided yesterday that it would be fun to start another phase of digging her litter out of her tray :roll:

Does anyone elses rabbit go in phases and do this?

Every couple of months she goes through this phase then it stops.

Last edited:
Radish decided yesterday that it would be fun to start another phase of digging her litter out of her tray :roll:

Does anyone elses rabbit go in phases and do this?

Every couple of months she goes through this phase then it stops.

I had it for a 1 week period from Biscuit, but then he stopped, thats the only time he did it solid.

He also does it when he thinks its time to empty his litter tray if its too wet for him...

Love how buns communicate :)

Yes, the little monkeys, it's always Jess though, never Joe - he's a good little mummys boy :lol: - I'm sure the neighbours have a good laugh seeing me with my dustpan and brush sweeping the grass in their run lol

Mischa did when I used those corner ones. I started using deeper bigger boxes and removed the newspaper and he's stopped completely. Unless I neglect to put fresh hay in and let it get too low.

Pye goes through phases of this, at one point it was for nearly a month and he was non stop, nearly drove me to the brink and then Pud saw him do it and decided it looks like fun so every so often she'll have a go too :roll: luckily its a big tray and she's too small to get the megazorb over the edge!! Pye on the other hand kicks it out of the tray and then hops out and pushes it up the run with his front paws :censored: takes me ages to clean up and he'll start again sometimes before I've finished putting it all back in!

SophieAnnie always does it, she makes such a mess:roll:...Shauny just sits and watches her with an 'im not impressed' look on his face :lol:

248.jpg

this is penny having a little dig in her litter tray.:roll:

Isn't it funny how some bunnies go through these phases and others don't. I have had Waffle since March and she has never done it and is obsessively tidy.

Whereas Radish is always pulling her hay out of her hay rack. This is the 3rd or 4th of her litter tray digging phases in nearly a year. :roll:

I'm beginning to wonder if it's to do with autumn fever as I have just been bitten and lunged at when putting the litter vback in her tray.

Ouch bunny bites hurt. It didn't hurt at first but now it really really stings.

She is being really possessive over her litter tray if you go near it she lunge and grunts. :shock: but you can touch anything else in her cage no problem. :roll:

She is spayed by the way and has been since January.

248.jpg

this is penny having a little dig in her litter tray.:roll:

:lol::lol::lol: I like Penny & so would my girls!:lol::lol:
Arrabella does the same - she digs & then rips the newspaper up & jumps about looking all excited! Indiana will sit sweetly on top!:D
She was digging the newspaper up in theri bedroom areas till i stopped putting newpaper down...i odnt mind except I have to renew the litter tray every day cause all the poops & wee gets mixed up with ripped newspaper & aubiose!
You can really tell when theyve had a night of it & theyve trashed the place!:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I like Penny & so would my girls!:lol::lol:
Arrabella does the same - she digs & then rips the newspaper up & jumps about looking all excited! Indiana will sit sweetly on top!:D
She was digging the newspaper up in theri bedroom areas till i stopped putting newpaper down...i odnt mind except I have to renew the litter tray every day cause all the poops & wee gets mixed up with ripped newspaper & aubiose!
You can really tell when theyve had a night of it & theyve trashed the place!:lol::lol:

My other rabbit George is even worse. He literally tips the litter tray upside down. And when i put fresh straw in the bedroom compartment he digs it into the living area of the hutch. His wifey bun Misty, just looks on and gives him the disapproving look.:lol:

Naughty radish :no:

Charlie digs so does Sooty and Oreo occasionally. Wonder why shes being like that? Do you smell of Waffle maybe?

Naughty radish :no:

Charlie digs so does Sooty and Oreo occasionally. Wonder why shes being like that? Do you smell of Waffle maybe?

When she bit me I hadn't yet Been and spent anytime with waffle other than saying hello over her babygate. I'd not long got in from work.

She's good as gold this morning.

What a strange coincidence....Clover just started doing this earlier today! :roll: What the heck? I hope Saffy and Lloyd don't follow her lead.

:lol::lol::lol: I so want to set up some cameras to see what they get up to when Im not around......:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I so want to set up some cameras to see what they get up to when Im not around......:lol::lol::lol:

I need one of those cameras for today as Radish had decided to relocate her litter tray to another area of her cage today :roll:

It's the first time she has ever done that.

Back