• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wearing down nails?

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Hello all :wave:

Basically, I've noticed Ogs nails grow a smidge and wondered if there were any ways of helping them to naturally file?
I would probabaly have to add something to his room as he is 100% indoor rabbit so just walks on hay or carpet.

Thankies x

I'd like to know this too, my Sootys a housebun and his nails grow really quickly, the only thing I know of to wear down nails is concrete, i'm thinking of putting a couple of flags down in the room were he goes at night:oops:, knowing my luck he'd avoid them competely though!

I'd like to know this too, my Sootys a housebun and his nails grow really quickly, the only thing I know of to wear down nails is concrete, i'm thinking of putting a couple of flags down in the room were he goes at night:oops:, knowing my luck he'd avoid them competely though!

Exactly this - Oggie would probably either by scared of them or just lie on them :roll:

Sand in a digging box should help as it's abrasive :D

Would no doubt end up everywhere though! :lol:

What about sandpaper or something else rough, would that work? I was thinking you could put it somewhere that he definitely has to run, like near the food bowl or water bottle or litter tray or something.

Just posting cos I'd be interested in an answer too. The problem is the more abrasive it is for the nails the more abrasive it is on their hocks. :?

:love:
Just posting cos I'd be interested in an answer too. The problem is the more abrasive it is for the nails the more abrasive it is on their hocks. :?

mmm- never thought of that...

So perhaps a ramp or tunnel leading somewhere that they like or need to go to....so they dont stay there - just run through.
:?:)

Mine love to dig through aubiose...but it will need to be contained if you are inside...a big carboard box (but may get chewed through) or a hard plastic tub...cut a hwole in the side - stick a tunnel in it...then fillup with diggin material...they will run inside & dig like mad - but it wont go everywhere cause there is a tunnel on the entrance.
Not the prettiest thing to have inside...but then again who does pretty when its for buns to be buns!:D

Back