• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio advice please

lildebs

Mama Doe
:
Do bonding into a trio work. Is it more successful than unsuccessful adding a male to a male/female bond?

I have a trio - two boys and a girl. They get on brilliantly. I've seen a lot of people say that one often gets left out but I haven't found that at all with mine. I introduced a second male to a pair (accidentally actually!) as Jess won't tollerate other does. I guess it depends on the bunnies temprements what combination you have. :):wave:

Mine are male and female, other bun is male. He's not neutered as yet though.
This is my sister bun so I know him because he's stayed with me and he is so placid it's untrue. My munchkins are friendly never bit and bonded quite easily. Bella is a little more reserved than Oscar, he is quite confident bun, nosy and can be dominant.

:shock::shock::shock: I hope you aren't planning me a surprise bonding for when yours come for a holiday:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have 2 girls and a boy,they are so happy together. I did it so that if and when Stew leaves us early as she may do,Dumpling will still have a friend :)

They won't accept anymore to the group though - the girls hate other rabbits!!

:shock::shock::shock: I hope you aren't planning me a surprise bonding for when yours come for a holiday:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:shock::shock::wave:

No don't worry Kay!! he isn't neutered and she's only just mentioned it so may not even happen yet!! :lol::lol: he's in a good home she just feels he'll be happier with me. but then again ........................such a good idea :p

:shock::shock::wave:

No don't worry Kay!! he isn't neutered and she's only just mentioned it so may not even happen yet!! :lol::lol: he's in a good home she just feels he'll be happier with me. but then again ........................such a good idea :p

Phewwwwwwwwwwww:lol::lol::lol:
Will if it comes off then you know I am more than happy to help:D

I had a male/male/female trio and it worked fantastically at first, it was pretty much an instant bond but then after about 3 months my boys randomly started fighting and there was no way back even after several attempts at a rebond doing all the right things.

I know many people have successful trios but I think you have to be aware that the bond is more fragile than a male/female pair and you may need to ensure you have a back up plan if things go wrong :)

I've done quite a number of trios and many of them are two boys and a girl. I like trios but it, as always, depends entirely on the characters that show out when they are put in together. The quietest ones are often quite surprising!

Last edited:
We have 2 trios: boy/girl/girl and boy/boy/girl.

It really does depend on the bunnies: the additional bun and the relationship between the already existing pair.

I enjoyed all the trios that we have bonded (haven't had a failure yet! :D)

Phewwwwwwwwwwww:lol::lol::lol:
Will if it comes off then you know I am more than happy to help:D

Well you just know I'll be taking up that offer!! :p I'm leaving them with you, DON'T send them back until all is good!!! :lol::lol

Back