• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft Toys for Bunnies

twobunnies&apony

Alpha Buck
Hi

Sadly I have recently lost my rabbit Grace and her friend Olive is currently on her own. She is going to be bonded (fingers crossed:rabbit2:) with Pipkin from BARC in a couple of weeks but I am a bit worried about the journey as she hates the car and has always had Grace for comfort in the past. I know it may be a daft question but does anyone know of any rabbit safe soft toys that I could get as I thought this might offer a bit of snuggly comfort on the journey? I have seen some on American websites but can't find anything here and would be grateful of any tips as I obviously want to make sure Olive is safe.

Hi

Sadly I have recently lost my rabbit Grace and her friend Olive is currently on her own. She is going to be bonded (fingers crossed:rabbit2:) with Pipkin from BARC in a couple of weeks but I am a bit worried about the journey as she hates the car and has always had Grace for comfort in the past. I know it may be a daft question but does anyone know of any rabbit safe soft toys that I could get as I thought this might offer a bit of snuggly comfort on the journey? I have seen some on American websites but can't find anything here and would be grateful of any tips as I obviously want to make sure Olive is safe.

cant help on the cuddly toy front but just thought would reply to say i am sorry to hear of your loss and good luck with the bonding hope all goes well i would suggest perhaps a snuggly fleece if you cant find anything suitable?:wave:

Cloud has Woody! :lol:

Heaven help anyone that tries to take him off of her. :roll:

Woody is actually a kiddies bath sponge. He's got no fur, or eyes, or buttons etc so I'm happy to leave Cloud with him unsupervised as she can't eat anything she shouldn't. Although the brim of his hat is a little chewed these days... :lol:

If it's just going to be whilst she's in her carrier then I don't see a problem as you'll be there to supervise anyway. :)

Cloud has Woody! :lol:

Heaven help anyone that tries to take him off of her. :roll:

Woody is actually a kiddies bath sponge. He's got no fur, or eyes, or buttons etc so I'm happy to leave Cloud with him unsupervised as she can't eat anything she shouldn't. Although the brim of his hat is a little chewed these days... :lol:

If it's just going to be whilst she's in her carrier then I don't see a problem as you'll be there to supervise anyway. :)

:lol::lol::lol: OMG, thats so cool, does she really get up tight if you try and take woody off her?

:lol::lol::lol: OMG, thats so cool, does she really get up tight if you try and take woody off her?

Yeah! She doesn't mind if she's busy eating or adventuring, but if she's sat anywhere near Woody and you go to pick him up, she growls and lunges. :roll::lol:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Today I managed to find a little duck designed for puppies. Most puppy toys had a squeak or rattle which I thought might annoy her but this one, by Kong, had a removable squeak which I removed! Well I thought I'd give it to Olive now so she could get to love it before her journey to BARC but it didn't quite go to plan and duck is now in the bin - deceased! She is such a destructive little monkey I do hope she shows more love and affection towards Pipkin or we will be in trouble!:cry:

:shock::lol: What a hooligan! Heheh!

Maybe scrunching up something like a fleecey blanket and popping that in the carrier with her would work? :wave:

My 3 can't have anything as they would tear it to pieces. Pearl has a bunny that she just looks at and when i've gone to bed she throws out of her base :roll:
Little bun and Lucy have a heffalump from Disney - it was Ad's but littlebun had it when he was on his own and `lucy loved it after her spay so now it lives in the hutch with them - completely unchewed......more than i can say for the hutch!!!!

Back