• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet insurance

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
Having been on the Forum quite a few times (and having been faced with hefty vet bills in the past for my cats & rabbits) I decided to insure rabbits. Two younger ones (aged 3 and 2 1/2) no probs but can't insure Sutton with Petplan as spparently don't insure rabbits over aged over five, and he's 6 1/2. He had a lot of probs with being wet down one of his back legs/weight loss and had lots of x-rays/urine analysis etc about 18 months ago. I know I wouldn't be covered for any future problems of that sort (oh, wow, was that expensive!) but am panicking about cost of any future ailments (teeth etc). I've had rescue buns in the past who have always had lots of dental problems, which have cost a fortune to deal with, but at that time I wasn't a 'single bun parent' so bills could always be met. Do you know of any other pet insurance companies who might 'take him on'?

Sorry, as you can see they all have an age limit of 5 for starting the insurance :(

http://bunnycover.com/

Since he has had lots of problems I don't think it would be worth insuring him anyway, it's very likely that whatever new illnesses he has will be linked to the previous ones. Just try to set some money aside in a savings account and hope he stays healthy

Thank you - will do that. He had such a poor start: half-wildie as mother went over the river and mated with wildie. Owners didn't keep resulting babies safe and Sutton was the only one rescued. He was badly bitten all round his neck, dragging one back leg and was so small he fited into the palm of my hand. Oh boy, did we bond as had to syringe feed him and lived up my t shirt for the first month. Got him through all that and he's a splendid big boy - although he tends to be very possessive of me and can 'bully' my other two if he feels they are getting my attention. So, actually, he's done very well - and is very very special!

Thank you - will do that. He had such a poor start: half-wildie as mother went over the river and mated with wildie. Owners didn't keep resulting babies safe and Sutton was the only one rescued. He was badly bitten all round his neck, dragging one back leg and was so small he fited into the palm of my hand. Oh boy, did we bond as had to syringe feed him and lived up my t shirt for the first month. Got him through all that and he's a splendid big boy - although he tends to be very possessive of me and can 'bully' my other two if he feels they are getting my attention. So, actually, he's done very well - and is very very special!

Awwww :love:

Back