• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Personality Change, Marking Territory, neutering question.

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

I'm sorry this will probably seem really repettitive but I have to ask...

I have had a male rabbit for 4 years and he isn't neutered. I just got his brother back a week ago and he is neutered. Now Billie is marking his territory, not with pee but with poops. Normally he is very clean and only goes in the litter box, so I'm sure he is marking his territory because Jack is here.

Also, he is obsessed with Jack. Bill has never gone on our deck ever in the 4 years we've had him. but now that Jack's hutch is on our deck he is up there consitently and frantically trying to get to Jack. I'm sure he wants to mate with him, as he is honking too.

So I'm going to get Bill neutered asap as I feel so guilty that he is so upset. If he is neutered do you think he'll stop marking his territory? And do you think he'll calm down?

I'm wondering how his personality will change?
I'm sorry I know this is probably redundant but I'm so worried about getting Bill neutered. I love him so much and am afraid something bad will happen to him. But I also can't let him suffer like this.

Lynn

He should calm down an awful lot once he's been neutered. Biscuit used to honk like there was no tomorrow and circle my feet ALL the time. He was neutered and this stopped after a week or two.

Think its definately because another bun has come into the fray, so billy is saying 'hey, this is my area'.

Hi Graham,

He was going nuts this morning. Poor guy. I booked him in to be neutered Wednesday. I'm so nervous!!!

Lynn

Back