• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I love my vets! and please send vibes for Rosie!

Candiflare

Mama Doe
You might have seen before I wrote about my rescue bunny Rosie shaking and having tremors and urine scald down the sides of her back legs. I took her to the vet and they suspect that she is a lot older than her previous owners told me she was... which brings up the worry of uterine cancer. The other suspects are EC and a bladder infection (Raine has been messaging me before this and she was spot on with her predictions about what the vet would say!)

My vets have been amazing and have called me twice since I took her in to check how she's doing and whether she's had anymore symptoms. We're going back in at 5.50pm for an appointment with a more senior vet to analyse what to do next.

When I found her as a stray ( the first time :roll:) I took her straight in and they fell in love with her there as she's such a gorgeous, gentle bunny, and now one vet in particular is really attached to her and said she'd do everything she could to make sure she was okay and comfortable.

I love it when vets really value bunnies lives -- it's how it should be

Vibes for Rosie! :love: Good that your special girl is in getting such excellent treatment :) What sort of age do the vets estimate for her? :wave:

Thanks for all your vibes.

The senior vet thinks she has a bladder infection and is arthuritic due to her age and isn't able to clean herself as well... He wants us to still go ahead with her spay...

So not as bad a prognosis as I thought...

Just seen the update. When is she to have her spay (sorry if I've missed a bit)? Wishing her well. :wave:

She's having it this Friday... I just hope it's all okay to go ahead. THey said they were confident with it, and if she goes on any longer, as she's a lot older than we thought, it will keep increasing her risk of uterine cancer...

Just fingers crossed she gets through it xxx

Thats brilliant news.

Kate, she came back to you for a reason. If she had still been with the previous owners, she wouldnt be seeing a vet and getting treatment. For her, its fortuitous they finally agreed to handing her over and you cared enough.

Thinking of you both Fridayxx

Back