• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit treats - or not! My poor baby!

melaniejb

Mama Doe
I saw some 'natural' rabbit treats whilst doing my online shop at tescos so i thought, why ever not, I hardly ever buy them treats! Anyway, I was very excited to present a dandelion and fennel stick to the buns when my shopping arrived today but the bunnies weren't so happy to receive their treats!

Poppy sniffed it then tried to push it away - she's quite fussy though and will usually only eat something new if Albert has got it. So I tried Albert - baring in mind this is the rabbit who once, whilst I was putting shopping away, helped himself to a chinese chicken wing from the fridge, anyway, he went into scared mode and ran away from the treat stick!

I tried again thinking maybe a cat had passed by the window or something (although he would usually just ignore this, he's really not a jumpy rabbit), same thing happened, this time he weed on the carpet!!!!!!! Perhaps I am a glutton for punishment so i tried it again, just to make sure that it was the stick that he feared and yes, he ran again!

Has this ever happened to anyone else???

oh, those aggressive treat sticks! no, mine have never run from them. perhaps there's one in the rabbit box i could try tabitha with.

Pye got totally freeked out by a bit of fresh pineapple once, and a cardboard box, a child gate, a paper bag, a shopping bag, a bit of basil.....

He's erm, a special bun!

Awww they obviously don't like them, I would take them back and explain to customer services that there must be something amiss as they 'freaked' your bunnies out - I dare you-keep a straight face and ask to change them for some herbs instead.:lol:

Back