• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zero's head has changed shape.. U/D Lots of Pictures

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
:? :? :? :?

He used to have a pointy head like Harvey and Lucy..... now he has a flat head like a lop?? What does this mean?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Before
IMG00055-20100304-0812.jpg

IMG00060-20100304-1304.jpg

After: I took these pics about a week ago, and it doesn't look so bad, but it seems even more pronounced now.. I'm going to take another picture of his little melon might take another five years or so for Photobucket to upload it though!

DSCI0195.jpg

DSCI0202.jpg

Here we are. Sorry for the awful quality, took them on my phone so they'd upload quicker

IMG00235-20100823-1150.jpg

IMG00234-20100823-1150.jpg

IMG00232-20100823-1149.jpg

(Lucy just had to get her little face in the pic :roll::lol:)

I know I'm being a bit obsessive about him, but I'm always worrying about Zero. He's so skinny, I have him on a really strict diet because he was leaving his caecotrophs, and he seems to have stopped but he is skinny. And just a thought, but might Lucy be eating his caecotrophs for him??

How old is Zero? If he's only young, it's probably normal. Bucks heads often get broader as they age. Or at least, mine have!

How old is he?

Alfie's head has changed shape quite a bit since he was a baby. When he was a few mths old, he went through a phase where he had quite a long pointed nose :oops::lol: and didn't have the traditional lop face at all, but his face gradually got more round as he matured.

This is him at a few mths old:
DSCF6761.jpg

And now:
DSCF0121700x525.jpg

You probably can't even see the difference :oops: but I can.

He is still young, about 8 or 9 months old. I can see the difference in Alfie's head :wave: in his forehead, same as Zero! Makes me feel a bit better, I just worry :oops: everything with him makes me think 'dental', but he is a lot more interested in hay since I bonded him with Lucy the hay monster.

He is still young, about 8 or 9 months old. I can see the difference in Alfie's head :wave: in his forehead, same as Zero! Makes me feel a bit better, I just worry :oops: everything with him makes me think 'dental', but he is a lot more interested in hay since I bonded him with Lucy the hay monster.

Try not to worry! It's almost certainly normal. I've just been rooting round for a good set of pictures for Brian's noggin shape!...

As a baby (three months-ish) -

And recently (he's roughly a year old now) -

See how his whole face is much broader? :wave:

:lol: we'll still make you post before/after pics!

It does seem to be mainly lops though, I wonder if Zero the Hero has a bit of lop in him.....

Well Biscuit's a definate lop and Ginger is dwarf lop x lionhead so i'll be keeping an extra vigilant eye on both their heads :lol:

I'll be remembering this thread if Biscuit's head ever changes!

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure it's just a normal part of development - although sometimes I wonder if Alfie's head gets bigger the more he loves himself. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: I think you should measure their heads

Can you imagine the pictures? :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Biscuit won't stand still long enough for me to do a proper 'back end' check let alone me measuring his head :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back