• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do i start bonding today?

I gave Noah 3 days before I started bonding. But then we kind of broke all the rules as Noah had been very freshly nuetered when we started (5 days after his nueter). During the 3 days they were side by side - I was going to leave it for longer, but they started pulling at the bars seperating them and kept me up at night.

I wouldn't rush it.
I'd be inclined to get the new bun settled, make sure he's eating/pooping etc, get an idea of what is "normal" for him (so you can judge if he's not happy in the bonding process), and give him time to adjust to his new environment.

As well as allowing time for him to settle in I'd want him quarantined in case he was harbouring any illnesses. I also agree you'd be much better off waiting till he's neutered.

I wouldn't rush it.
I'd be inclined to get the new bun settled, make sure he's eating/pooping etc, get an idea of what is "normal" for him (so you can judge if he's not happy in the bonding process), and give him time to adjust to his new environment.

Hes been eating and pooing since he got home yesterday!!! He hasnt left a thing!!!!

This is what I was thinking. I think I'd wait until he's neutered because you'll have to split them up to get that done anyway. :wave:

Non of mine have been spilt for neutering the partner aways goes too,He hasnt attempted to hump he just keeps snuggling up to her

As well as allowing time for him to settle in I'd want him quarantined in case he was harbouring any illnesses. I also agree you'd be much better off waiting till he's neutered.

Ive never quarantined any of my rescues they have always bonded in straight away,Id of though he was healthy they have been at the rspca for a few weeks and was vet checked last week

Non of mine have been spilt for neutering the partner aways goes too,He hasnt attempted to hump he just keeps snuggling up to her

Yes but there is the risk of a fight and she trying to castrate him. Plus his hormones will be going crazy. It would be much better to just wait I think.

Think im going to take things slowly anyway because of the size difference,But ive had them out in the outside run together this morning And he just keeps snuggling up to her,Had to come in as it started chucking it down Lyric was not impressed at getting wet!!!!!:lol:

You need to neuter him first. Otherwise he will try to hump the female and in the best of cases, she will run from him, but she could react and start a fight.
My two didn't get along well until the male gave up humping for good, which happened no less than a week after his neuter but could possibly take longer.

Back