• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lara- Probably her Last Days With Us-U/D Post 34

Lara is almost 10 and over recent weeks she has become increasingly frail. She went blind about 3 months ago and she also has spinal arthritis for which she is on daily metacam. This morning I found her flat out and cold in her litter tray. TBH I thought she had gone as her resps were so slow and shallow. I got her on a heat pad and SQ fluids. She was badly dehydrated and appeared unable to use her hind legs. Her back was obviously very painful so she had a stronger analgesic, abx cover aswell as a Vitamin B shot.

I have just spoken with C and we have agreed to keep Lara at home as long as she is peaceful and her arthritic pain is controlled. I believe it now is as in the last hour she has managed to sit up and she is eating again.

We know that noBun can live forever and at almost 10 Lara is a very old lady. We are hoping that if now is 'her time' she can slip peacefully away at home next to her beloved Dermot. Should she become at all distressed or if the additional analgesia ceases to relieve her arthritic pain we will of course help her on her journey to Rainbow Bridge.

:cry:

Last edited:
Oh Jane :( I'm so sorry about Lara.

She's in the best place though, with you and Dermot, you're doing your best, she knows that.

Thoughts and vibes

So sorry to read this. :( Thinking of her, and you. The photo you posted recently of your gentle old lady was lovely.

awww hugs to lara, i hope she remains comfortable and if it is her time, that she passes peacefully, i know you'll do the right thing for her jane, hugs to you both

Oh no Jane :(
I really hope it isn't her time right now but if it is i hope it is pain free and peaceful for her.sending lots of vibes xxx

Back