• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Over the last couple of days Marnie has been humping Blue quite a lot. They've been together since December, and she's never done it before :?
any ideas why? should we stop her or not? She only humps his face as well :?

Over the last couple of days Marnie has been humping Blue quite a lot. They've been together since December, and she's never done it before :?
any ideas why? should we stop her or not? She only humps his face as well :?

Watch the face humping, i've read some horror stories about genital injuries from biting with head humping :shock:

Watch the face humping, i've read some horror stories about genital injuries from biting with head humping :shock:

That's why I'm so worried...the last thing I want is for onee of them to get hurt. What's odd though is that she is submissive to him in EVERY other way...grooming, food, the lot :?

I understand that head humping is very much a dominance thing.
At least with a female doing it, there's less available to bite off.
It seems to be Autumn fever time. Quite a few buns have become "humpy".

I understand that head humping is very much a dominance thing.
At least with a female doing it, there's less available to bite off.
It seems to be Autumn fever time. Quite a few buns have become "humpy".

Also there a lot of hormones going on in the hoomin variety too, she could be feeding off you

marnie is J's beau isnt she perhaps the fact you are at home all the time now shes feeling a lil jealous and she wants all her boys to herself :lol:

Also there a lot of hormones going on in the hoomin variety too, she could be feeding off you

marnie is J's beau isnt she perhaps the fact you are at home all the time now shes feeling a lil jealous and she wants all her boys to herself :lol:

I didn't think about my hormones affecting her :?
J is usually home a lot less than me, but this is his first leave period since she came to live with us so that could be it too. It only seems to happen in the evenings when we're all in the living room together.
Will everything change again when baby arrives?

Provided you dont change there routine much if at all it will be fine,

mum looked after my buns for a few days, bigs and carrie did get relagated to the hall for 3 days even mum was like, id never thought id see rabbits that are not amused :lol:

docs ok beth bless her hates it when amelia starts one of her colicy fits

be interesting to se if yours react in any way

Back