• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I adore my little Pixie♥

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
I adopted a little doe today to be partnered with Gizmo eventually, she is adorable her name is Pixie♥, only a few pics when she wasn't noticing only brought her home at 4pm but, she is already settled and feeling at home, she is just scoffing lots of hay :love::love:

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

Last edited:
:love::love::love: she's so cute!!! I would love a little Dutchie. How old is she? She has a gorgeous little face

Not sure how old tbh as a Pets at Home bunny and they are never really sure, she is definately over 8 weeks though I would say. Little darling she is, no way could I not get her :love:

She's lovely! :love: Where'd she come from?

Obviously decided Mitsu wasn't right for you?

Had major arguement with OH about Mitsu in the end Georgie, he wasn't prepared to be homechecked and then drive to Birmingham - I was also unsure about taking on a bunny that needs lots of work in terms of trust issue's to bond to him,(Gizmo) not OH, he is an ex Pets at home bun himself that I had from a baby and consequently has no baggage, I have 2 rescue buns safely happily bonded and in their own shed condo, now these 2 PAH buns will be bonded together eventually - I love them all equally but, have to be practical about my circumstances atm and I am not the only person with a say in this house.:wave:

Last edited:
awwww she is gorgeous, I :love: dutches!!

What a sweetie, Gizmo looks so big compared to her - I think she has a lot of growing into those ears :lol:

Was she from the adoption part or was she just for sale and she stole your heart???

Wonder if she will have the dutchie trait of LOVING nose rubs!! :love::love:

awwww she is gorgeous, I :love: dutches!!

What a sweetie, Gizmo looks so big compared to her - I think she has a lot of growing into those ears :lol:

Was she from the adoption part or was she just for sale and she stole your heart???

Wonder if she will have the dutchie trait of LOVING nose rubs!! :love::love:

:wave: Hi Kath, no she just stole my heart - there were several young kids hovering around and I spotted her straight away, I swear she winked at me:lol: It was quite bizarre as they had a grey rex, a white and grey dwarf lop (could be mini lop) and Pixie who is a completely different colours and a dutch? I nearly took all 3 but, OH was with me and said - no - it's still making a difference to her, you can't save them all, she is already really confident, after a few hours!! I think she is going to be a handful actually :lol: What differences have you noticed in breeds - ie, Dutchie characteristics?

ohh :oops: :lol:

Yeap, couldn't have anything else I will be overrun in the next year I bet. I just keep on adding to the collection :oops:

ohh :oops: :lol:

Yeap, couldn't have anything else I will be overrun in the next year I bet. I just keep on adding to the collection :oops:

:lol: This will be my first dutch rabbit, up to now I've only had experience with lops, English/Lop, Rex - Gizmo is quite a lively lop though, the plan is to house them side by side till after she is spayed, long time to go so she will be big and strong by then.

Dutches are a breed like no other... so cheeky, inquisitive and compelling. Every dutch i come across at work has such a distinct personality and are real attention seekers.

Your new girl is just BEAUTIFUL! :love:

:wave: Hi Kath, no she just stole my heart - there were several young kids hovering around and I spotted her straight away, I swear she winked at me:lol: It was quite bizarre as they had a grey rex, a white and grey dwarf lop (could be mini lop) and Pixie who is a completely different colours and a dutch? I nearly took all 3 but, OH was with me and said - no - it's still making a difference to her, you can't save them all, she is already really confident, after a few hours!! I think she is going to be a handful actually :lol: What differences have you noticed in breeds - ie, Dutchie characteristics?

:shock: Youre right!!! Charlie is a little monkey, he's a fiesty so an so but soooo loving. I think the best way to describe him is a hard exterior and soft inside. I guess that could just be him and not a dutchie trait but he is so different from my 3 lops.
Bonding wise he was good, Cheryl said he tried with Oreo to be boss but soon backed down awww :love: Mittens is actually the dominent one out of the pair! :roll::lol:
He HATES being picked up but if your on a level with him I think he is the most affectionate out of the 4 - he will sit and have nose rubs for hours and does the biggest binkies...he is the most energetic and will run up and down the stairs for ages...

I can see why she stole your heart - looking forward to more piccies!
I take it your other 2 love birds are still ok?

p.s I dont know if you remember me saying about the bun my neighbours gave away - Daisy the ginger and white dutch who went to live with my elderly neighbours - she looked just like Pixie when they first got her :love: she is 1 now (and has similar traits as Charlie)...

Dutches are a breed like no other... so cheeky, inquisitive and compelling. Every dutch i come across at work has such a distinct personality and are real attention seekers.

Your new girl is just BEAUTIFUL! :love:

:wave: Thankyou she is a little sweetheart :) she is very inquisitive, she was on top of the box just now :shock: she loves that naturals tunnel thing aswell - she was getting quite feisty with it, I suspect I'll be getting another one by next weekend if not before :roll: :lol:

Back