• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tim in his bath!! (video)

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Chinchillas need a daily dust bath to keep them clean and happy, unfortunately poor Tim hasn't been allowed one for nearly two weeks because he was neutered and the dust would irritate the wound.

But just look how happy he is to be allowed a bath again! :love:

(click on it)

Me again... I have to say.... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :love::love::love::love:
I love how his tail has a mind of its own when hes doing his cute little rolls in the sand :love:

Me again... I have to say.... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :love::love::love::love:
I love how his tail has a mind of its own when hes doing his cute little rolls in the sand :love:

If you pick a chin up without securing their tail it proper spirals round like a windmill, it's bizarre :shock::shock: I'm not sure if they're meant to do that or if my chisn are just aliens :?

If you pick a chin up without securing their tail it proper spirals round like a windmill, it's bizarre :shock::shock: I'm not sure if they're meant to do that or if my chisn are just aliens :?

Gotta say none of the chins I've held have ever done that... :lol:

Gorgeous :love:

Had a nosey at some of your other vids whilst I was there :oops: Do you still have the white bun who is in the vid coming down the stairs and also chewing the stick? I think I have fallen in love :love::love:

Gorgeous :love:

Had a nosey at some of your other vids whilst I was there :oops: Do you still have the white bun who is in the vid coming down the stairs and also chewing the stick? I think I have fallen in love :love::love:

Yes that's Apache :D :D

He is one in a million, such a quirky little personality and everyone who meets him falls in love :love::love: When I go to the vets with my other animals they always ask after him :love:

There are about a million threads of photos of him on here if you want more :love::lol: so glad you like him....I always like to get compliments on my best boy :love:

Yes that's Apache :D :D

He is one in a million, such a quirky little personality and everyone who meets him falls in love :love::love: When I go to the vets with my other animals they always ask after him :love:

There are about a million threads of photos of him on here if you want more :love::lol: so glad you like him....I always like to get compliments on my best boy :love:

Wow he really is a special bun. I almost cried watching him he's so lovely :love:

Awww..!!! :love: I dreamed I rescued some chillas the other night, so now I want them even more!

Awww..!!! :love: I dreamed I rescued some chillas the other night, so now I want them even more!

I spent so long mulling over whether to take them on or not that I started having chinchilla dreams - the best one was where I was trying to grow some chinchillas from seed and I was really upset because they wouldn't germinate :( :lol:

Fluffers Apache also attacks dogs and conjures apples out of thin air :) He has many tricks. I wish everyone could meet him so they could all know how special he is :love:

:lol: Mine do that too, it's like prepeller.. Half expect them to take flight.

My boys are just about to have their bath :D

I spent so long mulling over whether to take them on or not that I started having chinchilla dreams - the best one was where I was trying to grow some chinchillas from seed and I was really upset because they wouldn't germinate :( :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

awwwww how sweet. i would love to have a pair of chinchillas, but my husband would go mental if i brought any more pets home.:roll:
Tim is just gorgeouse.:love::love::love:

Awwww looks like he needs a bigger bath though :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking :D

Theey were given to me with a covered dust bath from a pet shop, about 6' square...I gave Tim this roasting dish for tonight as it was a special occasion and he loved it, they both spent much more time bathing than usual...so for future I'm going to find them something even bigger and more permanent (I need this back for potatoes!)

Exactly what I was thinking :D

Theey were given to me with a covered dust bath from a pet shop, about 6' square...I gave Tim this roasting dish for tonight as it was a special occasion and he loved it, they both spent much more time bathing than usual...so for future I'm going to find them something even bigger and more permanent (I need this back for potatoes!)

:lol::lol: I was thinking a litter tray maybe?

I wondered about a litter tray but the washing up bowl has slightly higher sides to keep some of the dust in - it gets flung in all directions and makes me cough! Although one of those lidded can ones might work...hmmm....something to continue thinking about anyway :)

Back