• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my new hutch plus some advice

demelza

Warren Scout
my brother has been building me a hutch it's finally nearly done only doors, painting and lino to go.
034-6.jpg

is lino best to line the hutches with? do i need to make sure that all the lino is kept cover by somethin like hay/straw

also i'm having charlotte spayed tomorrow, is there anything different to how she usually is cared for that i need to do before or after the operation?

Last edited:
That's a lovely hutch :)

Mine have lino flooring which is uncovered apart from the bedroom area which is full of hay. I'll probably put more hay or blankets in everywhere over winter though as lino feels quite cold to the touch.

For your bunny, just treat her as normal before her spay. Make sure you take some of her usual food into the vets with her so she has something to eat when she comes round. The vets will have food there, but probably not the same type you use yourself so she may not eat it or if she does, it may upset her tummy.

When you bring her home, it'd be best if you could keep her inside for at least a day until you can be sure she's fully recovered from the anaestethic. Providing she seems ok, after a day put her back in her normal home. I found mine perked up again quicker once I returned them to a familiar place. :) Also check her stitches a few times a day and if anything looks 'wrong' pop her back to the vet for a check up.

Back