• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yesterday i saw a wildie

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
or maybe a domesticated rabbit that had been set free, in a field bit it was black, it was definately a bunny as it hopped like a bunny :lol: it looked like a netherland dwarf though

:love::love::love::love: i saw a black wilde when i was up in scotland they are gorgeous :love::love::love:

one of the X's are black so i wonder if i saw the dad :shock::shock:

it was cute :love: we where on a train and i said to nan i just saw a black rabbit, she was like really :shock: :lol: i said yeah he was sat in the field, then when train came past he hopped away

Can you go back and see if it's still there?

I was in the car with Mum last week and as she was driving along, I was gazing out the window. I swore blind I saw a dutch rabbit down a foot path but by the time I'd said anything, we were on a bit of road where we couldn't stop safely. We were going to Tesco so it was dark by the time we were on the return journey. I wish I'd made Mum stop. I'd probably totally imagined it - it was probably a carrier bag or something :roll: but now I keep wondering about it all the time.

Can you go back and see if it's still there?

I was in the car with Mum last week and as she was driving along, I was gazing out the window. I swore blind I saw a dutch rabbit down a foot path but by the time I'd said anything, we were on a bit of road where we couldn't stop safely. We were going to Tesco so it was dark by the time we were on the return journey. I wish I'd made Mum stop. I'd probably totally imagined it - it was probably a carrier bag or something :roll: but now I keep wondering about it all the time.

i can't we where on a train coming home from southport :lol:

The only place I've seen wildies in recent years is Ardnamurchan (NW Scotland) where I used to go on holiday with my parents. I'm not going this year because I've only had Spenser 4 months and don't want to leave him. :wave:

There is an ex domestic bunny that lives on my dad's football field, it's definitely not a wildie but has been living there for 2 years :shock: My dad has tried to catch it a couple of times to no avail. Could it perhaps be a wildie x? it seems to be managing pretty well.

it was cute :love: we where on a train and i said to nan i just saw a black rabbit, she was like really :shock: :lol: i said yeah he was sat in the field, then when train came past he hopped away

Were you on a train that near willington, derbyshire? I used to live there and everyday used to see a black rabbit in the field next door when waiting at the crossing on the school run:D

I didnt even know you could get black wildies! I learn something new every day! Are they a different type or does one just pop up every so often?

They just pop up every now and then.
i had two wild babies brought into work once, very young, one agouti and the other was black - they'd been brought in by someones cat. i took them home and hand fed them, the agouti one passed away:( but the black one did really well, completely mad! i rehomed her to a really lovely lady who has made the biggest enclosure for her and has got her a little husbun who can put up with her madness:D!

Back