• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yorkshire Wildlife Park - piccies

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
Have just been to Yorkshire Wildlife Park just outside Doncaster and it was absolutely fantastic. The animals had loads of space and were well looked after. Here are some piccies...

051.jpg

Ring tailed lemur. You could walk through Lemur Woods and they would just be walking amongst you. I was desperate to stroke them!

011-5.jpg

Lounging. Looks like he's giggling to himself :lol:

027-2.jpg

Beautiful wallaby's. You could help feed them at certain times.

077.jpg

Beautiful. There were three prides all rescued from terrible conditions in Romania. They had TONS of space and looked very happy and content.

002-11.jpg

lol Wanted to put one in my pocket :roll:

032-1.jpg

038.jpg

046.jpg

The last three were from my fave bit of the day - the flying display. It was fantastic. The man really cared and loved his birds. It was Lancer the Falcon, Caspar the owl and Bently the vulture. Bentley was a right character :lol:

I would highly recommend this place. It only just opened in February. My fear is that this time next year once the word is out, it will be absolutely heaving.

Took my 11 year old nephew and my Mum. Cost us £20 as I got a child free voucher off the net and it took us the whole day to get round. We took our own picnic aswell as there are loads of picnic tables. The food in the restaurant was very expensive.

Oh thanks for the information and pics! I have been wondering about going there myself but am always a bit dubious in case I end up getting upset... (I have done this before at some places).

We're not far away at all so think we will have to go there ourselves! Glad you enjoyed it. :D x

I am always weary but nothing here got me upset. The only thing was a petting zoo type thing where you can pet sheet, goats etc. This was constant so the poor babies didn't get breaks from us.

I actually emailed them when I got back about that as that made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Lol wouldn't it be funny if we all ended up going on the same day.... ;)

I get asked about it at work (Tourist Information Centre Chesterfield) so it'll be handy to know a bit more about it. :wave: xx

Back