• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really frustrates me..

silverrabbit

Mama Doe
.. When people refuse to neuter their rabbits :roll: even though it's better for the bunny and saves them from a life of sexual frustration.

It doesn't make sense :censored:

some people dont realise how important it is to get it done! (like me before i joined this site). also it can be pretty epensive. but i do agree it is silly if you dont get it done.

I know :roll:

One person I know has 5 rabbits and bred some of them but had the 2 bucks nuetered and paired them with their 2 females and then she was going on about how she felt sorry for the single one left over as it didn't have a friend. So I (thinking if she had the males done she would have had the does done too) suggested spayed females don't always fight why doesn't she just bond a trio (apparently the singles accomadation was too small for her to get another buck). To which she was like Oh the females aren't spayed! So I said all the stuff about cancer ect. And she was like well its too expensive and with our cats and stuff aswell besides we've had rabbits before and they've never had. And earlier in the week she had been saying about how her rabbit never seem to live as long as the 'average age' :roll:

Grrrrr

I've had people say I'm cruel for neutering because "they should be allowed babies of they want them" :roll:

this goes for every usually-neutered pet though, dogs, cats, horses. people are just so stubborn and misinformed >_<

I hate it in horses where BYBers have really shoddy horses that would be great geldings, but not a breeding stallion, but hey it's still got its knackers and equally dodgy foals on the ground.

BAH! people are just dumb.

Truffles my house Bunny is un neutered, he is about 2 & i recently rehomed him from a not very nice life, his eyes were so watery, pooey matted bum, long claws, no jabs.. Since being given proper food, his bum is lovely & clean, beautiful poos :D he has had jabs, eating a small amount of hay (didnt have any before) & his eyes are now fine.. I want to get him castrated but i am so scared he wil die under anaesthetic & i will never forgive myself, he is such a special boy.. ( He is washing my back as i write this ) :love:

Trufflebun your bunny sounds adorable :)

I know there are risks but for a boy it's much more simple and quick and makes them so much happier.

I couldn't imagine having an unspayed doe I just can't deal with their mood swings when they get hormonal and watching one of my latest rescues going through phantoms until she was well enough to be spayed was heartbreaking :(

It's just really irritated me! How many rabbits are sitting in rescues or in bad homes where they've been forgotten yet people still insist on letting their buns have babies :?

I have a house bunny and when i first got him i didnt want to get him neutered cos i didnt wana put him through an operation where he could die, etc, once he got to his sexual stage tho i soon changed my mind cos of how he was....i couldnt walk anywhere without him on my leg! He is neutered now, and he is tonnes better.

I think people dont realise the need for it, especially if u just have one.

Like Trufflebun I have an unneutered male.:oops: I rehomed him at 7 months, and as he was very nervous at first I didn't have him done as a matter of course. He's been with me 4 months, and shows no signs of frustration. :) Like Trufflebun I'm scared of the op, especially as goodness knows where the nearest really rabbit-savvy vet is. The vet I use is very local, really nice and I'm extremely happy with the service provided for routine vaccinations and nail clips. There's very little chance of me getting another rabbit. I should add that had he been a girl I would gone for neutering as I know the chances are so high in un-spayed does and well worth the risk of an op.

when i took matthew to be de-plummed, the vet was shocked and i had to persuade her it needed to be done. i told her he and tabby had to live together as i was out a lot and they'd be lonely...

Back