• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

travelling to vets...

less than a 5 minute drive to the bunny vet if there's no traffic :)

Or a 20-odd minute walk. I walk over if it's for the dogs, but I can't carry the carrier for that long, especially not with animals in it!!

xxx

20 - 30 min drive depending on traffic, but I think it is worth it for a good vet :)

this is my dilema... where we are planning to live we can get to the **** vets in 25mins according to google.. there are others but none are closer than 15 mins drive so would it be best to go to the best all the time or go to a closer one :? :? :?

i honestly have no idea if ill cope with country life lol

this is my dilema... where we are planning to live we can get to the **** vets in 25mins according to google.. there are others but none are closer than 15 mins drive so would it be best to go to the best all the time or go to a closer one :? :? :?

i honestly have no idea if ill cope with country life lol

I would say it is worth the travel time to see a good vet :wave:

For evening appointments the branch in my village is only 10 mins walk, but to use their main branch in town (for out-of-hours work, or for big ops that need equipment the village branch doesn't have) is 25 mins drive.

It is a dilemma, especially in situations where a long drive could make a bunny worse. But if the difference in your case is only 10 mins each way I would go with the good vets :)

5 mins walking, 2 mins if Spenser and I get a lift. :D I might need to go further afield if I wanted a really rabbity vet, but am happy where we are for vaccinations and nail clips. :wave:

30 mins now we have moved. Have looked into moving them somewhere else but I dont want to risk going somewhere and not liking it!

5 minutes drive and they are emergency vets as well.

All the branches of my vets are within a 15 min drive so if one is full I can always go to another branch.

We have a veterinary practice about 5 mins. walk from here but I don't use them any more - never did for the rabbits - the practice was getting worse and worse - completely disorganised, swinging door in terms of the actual vets you saw and extortionate prices. :?

We now use one that is a 20 minute drive away (also accessible by 'bus) as it is sooo much better in every way.

The local vet where I work is about 5 mins away, but is only open 9-11 and 4-5, mon- fri. The main branch is about 15 mins away, but if we lived in the city it could well take us an hour to get to a vet during the rush hour.

Back