• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dudley and Mavis nom new season hay and other pics

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
I went to Little Burstead farm shop yesterday and got a beautiful bale of timothy hay (£5) and a couple of bags of lovely soft hay too. I know they've been mentioned on here before but it's the first time I've been there and it was worth the trip (lovely fresh veg in the farm shop too!)

The bale:
Photo002.jpg

Mavis checking out the soft hay:
Photo004.jpg

Dudley checking out the timothy hay:
Photo007.jpg

Harry and Heather checking out the timothy hay:
Photo0092.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

The Hay Experts grow your own oat, wheat and barley grass (https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Grow+Your+Own.16/?osCsid=86magmhikm5qtbttanurnvc2q5)
Photo0182.jpg

Photo0202.jpg

Mavis having a wash:
Photo022.jpg

Mavis having a nosey:
Photo023.jpg

Peeky-boo :lol:
Photo024.jpg

It looks like they approve! :D:D I like the tunnel connecting thing, but as my Spenser doesn't even like me putting a bend in his not much point in me getting one.:roll::wave:

That hay looks delicious, well for buns, you know what I mean.....

But the most amazing thing about those photos is how much Mavis has come in since she got married. I am so thrilled for her Alison. It's such a turnaround. So glad you gave her the chance of a new life.

*goes off to plant some seeds*

Yeah it certainly is amazing Helen! I have plans for a new run (although it's going to have to wait until after Christmas), I'm going to get a load of aviary panels and making a full walk-in run which would go right down to the gate, so it would be about 12ft long. She's so not scared of being out there and really enjoys the space so it would be nice to make it bigger. I never really needed it with Dudley and Santa as they just slept all the time anyway :lol: but she's a bigger and more active girl and could do with the extra space :)

:love::love::love: I must have missed Mavis's arrival - she and Dudley make a lovely couple. :love::love:

Did they have many bales of hay there yesterday, Alison? I'm finishing a bale from Manor Farm but the buns much prefer the timothy so I'm due a trip there this week.

Did they have many bales of hay there yesterday, Alison? I'm finishing a bale from Manor Farm but the buns much prefer the timothy so I'm due a trip there this week.

:wave: Yep the storage area was over half full. No idea how quickly it goes though! I think I'm going to make the trip there to get my hay from now on :D

Thanks. :D:D It probably goes quicker than you'd think now that half of RU goes there. :lol::lol: I might try to get over there tomorrow; it's definitely my favourite hay. :love:

Sorry Sarah if I'd been thinking I could have picked you up an extra bag :oops: You're welcome to a trial slice of the timothy and one of the bags of soft if you find yourself passing this way at all?

Sorry Sarah if I'd been thinking I could have picked you up an extra bag :oops: You're welcome to a trial slice of the timothy and one of the bags of soft if you find yourself passing this way at all?

No worries - I have tonnes of hay at the moment, but I'm always looking for things to tempt fussy Holly pig with!

I went yesterday and they had 3 bales of timothy (now 2) and a few of the soft hay. They're now under new management and so prices have just dropped slightly too. :D:D Bales are down to £5 from £5.50. The bags were £1.50; I think they used to be £2.

I tried throwing you a bag over, Sarah, but the wind was blowing the wrong way. ;) :lol::lol: I don't mind popping a small sample in the post for you if you like - at least then you'd know if it was worth making a trip there to buy some or whether Holly is going to turn her nose up at it. :lol:

Ooh how interesting that they've dropped the prices! :D

That's so nice of you to offer, Karen. Don't worry though - to be honest, unless Holly perks right up, I don't think I'm going to have her much longer at all. :( She currently has a choice of... (*counts on fingers*) 6 different hays! :oops: :lol:

Oooh heck it does go quickly then! Next time I'd better ring up in advance and make sure they've got some there before I make the trip! :shock:

Don't worry though - to be honest, unless Holly perks right up, I don't think I'm going to have her much longer at all. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, Sarah. :cry: If you change your mind, my offer still stands. ;)

Alison, I admit I still phoned yesterday before I went just in case it had already all sold since the weekend. :oops: :lol:

Back