• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone put their rabbit on harness?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
My lil rabbit Sammy is a wee bit chubby. When I put him out in his run he ususally does a few mad dashes and some binkies but over the past month I havent seen him as active in his run. When I bring him into the house he usually just runs to his usual spot under the bed and he will just sit there.
Every now and then I try to chase him but I dont think he enjoys it unlike my other bunny.

He always has been one of those grumpy buns whos quite happy to get away from it all but like I said he is a bit tubby. I have cut back on his nuggets but just wondered if it would help taking him a wee walk round the garden on a harness to up his exercise.

We have quite a big grassy garden, I would love just let him run free in it but although there is fences all round it I wouldnt say its bunny proof.

Any advice on the harness idea?

IMO I wouldn't use one. A rabbit can bolt and with the lead yanking on them can cause serious injury :( I don't think it would help him lose much weight either as you can't make him run about even if he is on a lead. The rabbit leads and the human follows :)

There are other things you can do for him to lose weight , how much pellets does he get? You coudl get a treat ball so he has to workfor his food :wave:

Back