• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can someone tell me - Dimensions of Primrose Cottage from PatH

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Can anybody with one of these or someone who's seen the dimensions, please share with me? I can't find the details on the web anywhere.

Also is it TandG or plywood?

Thank you.

I can't find much about it online :? Although I found a water proof cover for it which is "Size: 153cm long X 65cm Deep x 123cm Tall" so presumably a little bit smaller than the cover size.

ETA - just realised I have a Primrose Cottage. What a bloody numpty. It's 5X2, two storey. :wave:

I can't find much about it online :? Although I found a water proof cover for it which is "Size: 153cm long X 65cm Deep x 123cm Tall" so presumably a little bit smaller than the cover size.

ETA - just realised I have a Primrose Cottage. What a bloody numpty. It's 5X2, two storey. :wave:

tee hee, Thanks Georgie.

Is it any good Georgie? Have a chance at one to replace a single storey RSPCA hutch that is past it's best and am considering this - would be attached to a large run. Just need to know if I'd be better off repairing the old 6fter.

What do you think of yours?

I had one of these and although I've heard different views, but I actually liked mine, I have a dwarf and a mini lop, they seemed ok periscoping, mine was sturdy but I added extra locks, the cover is great too. I passed mine on to my sister with intentions that she decides she no longer requires it, I'll have it back. :D

Mine's lasted really well - I got it last summer and it still looks like new. Although it is home to Daphne-No-Teeth at the moment so it's had minimal chewing! :lol:

The sides and front door are tongue and groove, the back and the floors are plywood.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the bottom floor felt really unstable. Dad put some extra support under it and it's been fine. It was even in the shed as a bolt hole for Jess and Thistle at one point and stood up to Thistle squeezing himself up and down the ramp! :lol:

I made a big new run for mine the other day -

:)

I had one of these and although I've heard different views, but I actually liked mine, I have a dwarf and a mini lop, they seemed ok periscoping, mine was sturdy but I added extra locks, the cover is great too. I passed mine on to my sister with intentions that she decides she no longer requires it, I'll have it back. :D

Thank you.:D

I have one, it's not brilliant to be honest. One corner of the roof leaks (even though it's covered with tarpaulin) and where it's got wet it's a bit mouldy. I've just ordered one of the covers for it and I'm hoping that will help!
The size is good, but the wood feels a bit flimsy.

Mine's lasted really well - I got it last summer and it still looks like new. Although it is home to Daphne-No-Teeth at the moment so it's had minimal chewing! :lol:

The sides and front door are tongue and groove, the back and the floors are plywood.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the bottom floor felt really unstable. Dad put some extra support under it and it's been fine. It was even in the shed as a bolt hole for Jess and Thistle at one point and stood up to Thistle squeezing himself up and down the ramp! :lol:

I made a big new run for mine the other day -

:)

You torment me with that photo! look at the luscious beast in the front (for scale obviously!).

Thanks again. I'd be cutting an entrance in the back of mine if I decide to go down that route so it being ply would actually be beneficial.

The run looks fab and great quality.

I have one, it's not brilliant to be honest. One corner of the roof leaks (even though it's covered with tarpaulin) and where it's got wet it's a bit mouldy. I've just ordered one of the covers for it and I'm hoping that will help!
The size is good, but the wood feels a bit flimsy.

Thank you - that's good to know. I think I'd end up putting a heavy ply roof on it anyway to overhang more than the original but it's worth baring in mind.

You torment me with that photo! look at the luscious beast in the front (for scale obviously!).

Thanks again. I'd be cutting an entrance in the back of mine if I decide to go down that route so it being ply would actually be beneficial.

The run looks fab and great quality.

:lol: Thistle makes it look tiny!

I made the run out of old aviary panels - that's why they look good! If I made the whole lot myself, the roof would probably be going uphill! I just need to sort the front corner out now, I ran out of wood. :oops::roll:

:wave: I have one as a foster hutch, it's a reasonable size but it is pretty flimsy! The lovely George is in it at the moment at Lou's mums, so Lou might be able to tell you how it's bearing up under the wear!

:wave: I have one as a foster hutch, it's a reasonable size but it is pretty flimsy! The lovely George is in it at the moment at Lou's mums, so Lou might be able to tell you how it's bearing up under the wear!

Thanks Alison. Flimsy is not good - the 'muckys' have all but ruined their RSPCA hutch and I am working on a solution to replace it, so in their case, even if I modify it, flimsy won't be good as they like to 'decorate'.

Oh, now I don't know what to do!

i have one of these :)

i like it, i have 2 nethies in mine, the bottem floor is a bit flimsy but for two such light bunnies its okay, if they were heavier id say buy a length of wood and either replace it or lay it over the top of the existing floor :)

othewise really like mine :)

Thanks Alison. Flimsy is not good - the 'muckys' have all but ruined their RSPCA hutch and I am working on a solution to replace it, so in their case, even if I modify it, flimsy won't be good as they like to 'decorate'.

Have you looked on ebay for people who custom make them to order? I noticed a few on there the other day (& emailed them with the RSPCA guideline ;)) & some are offering free delivery :D

Item no. 140441238896 Not sure if this is any good for you? I emailed this seller & said that if he was willing to detail the RSPCA min guidelines on his listings and not market hutches smaller than this at rabbit owners (I told him the ideal size for piggies too) then I would be happy to recommend him to people on the forum and new Honeybunny owners.... :shock:;)

Last edited:
i have one of these :)

i like it, i have 2 nethies in mine, the bottem floor is a bit flimsy but for two such light bunnies its okay, if they were heavier id say buy a length of wood and either replace it or lay it over the top of the existing floor :)

othewise really like mine :)

That would be okay - I have loads of timber that I could add underneath, but the lumps that would be living in it are not what we could call, the smaller rabbit :) so am now thinking maybe not for them.

As with all P@H hutches it is rather easy to chew...it has stood up pretty well to George's chewing but with determined bunnies I think it would be a problem, Alison's has a cover so it has stayed nice a dry and is easy to take apart and put back together again, just the soft wood that is an issue

Have you looked on ebay for people who custom make them to order? I noticed a few on there the other day (& emailed them with the RSPCA guideline ;)) & some are offering free delivery :D

Item no. 140441238896 Not sure if this is any good for you? I emailed this seller & said that if he was willing to detail the RSPCA min guidelines on his listings and not market hutches smaller than this at rabbit owners (I told him the ideal size for piggies too) then I would be happy to recommend him to people on the forum and new Honeybunny owners.... :shock:;)

Thanks but I'm not after buying a new one particularly - if I was, I'd go back to Kernow Pet Housing as David makes them to order whatever size you want and the quality is amazing.

It's just that I have the chance of one of these from someone local that only had it a couple of months and doesn't want much at all for it - so it's whether it's a false economy to do that or whether I should just re-do the existing hutch (which I could do easily but again - do I bother or just replace).

Last edited:
As with all P@H hutches it is rather easy to chew...it has stood up pretty well to George's chewing but with determined bunnies I think it would be a problem, Alison's has a cover so it has stayed nice a dry and is easy to take apart and put back together again, just the soft wood that is an issue

Thanks Lou, I think I have made my mind up not to go for this now but to spend the money on extending and repairing the buns current hutch. They are so mucky (as you know) so unless it's fairly substantial, they'll ruin it in no time anyway.

Back to the drawing board.

is easy to take apart and put back together again

Well, it's easy to take apart, and it's physically easy to put back together, it's just a highly illogical jigsaw :lol:

Is it for trio of dutchy ones Helen? If so I definitely wouldn't suggest it for them, they'd be through it in no time I'm sure.

Well, it's easy to take apart, and it's physically easy to put back together, it's just a highly illogical jigsaw :lol:

Is it for trio of dutchy ones Helen? If so I definitely wouldn't suggest it for them, they'd be through it in no time I'm sure.

Yep, you guessed it Alison. The Mucket Family. I think I knew really that it wouldn't be any use as they love the chew and poo (and not in their litter trays). As you never actually find them in their hutch at all, ever, except for tea time when they are queued up at the front door, it doesn't really matter too much about the hutch, but I do need to give it a deep clean and a bit of renovation before the winter.

They are like a whirlwind of devastation. Within minutes of cleaning out their litter tray upstairs they have dug it all out and shovelled it down the ramp into the run - it's their way of having fun and making mum work really hard. Got to love them.

Back to the drawing board on this one.

Anybody near me want a Primrose Cottage only three months old? (genuine reason for sale apparently)

Back