• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Both submissive

leldridge

New Kit
I recently adopted a neutered Netherland Dwarf male to keep my neutered dwarf lady company. They're getting along really well, no sign of fighting or problems, but they both seem determined to be the submissive member of the relationship meaning they're both asking for grooming and neither is returning it. I'm not sure where to go from here, given that they're getting along fine should I proceed to move them into their new shared hutch, or just continue with their bonding sessions until they settle into some sort of pairing because at the moment they just aren't really interacting beyond sitting next to eachother.

Ive read that if you put a little bit of banana on one of their heads one that has the banana thinks hes getting groomed and the other has a treat:)

If they are asking to be groomed it means they want to be the dominant bun, not the submissive bun. Luckily it sounds like they aren't over dominant as they aren't fighting so I'd also be inclined to try the mashed banana on one of their heads and see if you can get one to submit.

One of them never eats banana and despite smearing it on the head and ears of the other I still don't seem to be getting anywhere :( Any other ideas?

Back