• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does this look better to you??

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know if its because I have got used to it or whether it actually does look better :?

Petals has been with us for exactly 2 weeks now. In the past few weeks she has seen numerous vets, 2 wanted to pts straight away, the other 2 gave her days to live but were happy for us to keep her comfortable by prescribing good antibiotics and high pain relief. In all honesty I didn't expect her to still be with us, but now she also seems to be showing small signs of improvement.

Now I am not getting my hopes up as I know there is no way we can cure her, but maybe just maybe she may have a little longer than we all hoped. She has started to do happy flops and can often be seen lying on her side in the land of dreams, or laying full out with her legs stretched out behind her :love: She used to need her treat broken into 2 pieces, now not only does she eat them whole she eats them quicker than Valerie :shock:

I know the angles are slightly different, but what do you think?

When she first arrived
P8080607-1.jpg

P8080575.jpg

Yesterday
P8200688.jpg

I have been wondering about Petals, and think she looks a bit more comfortable in the recent pics. She looks as if she's enjoying that bit of greens. Happy flops have got to be a good sign! :love::wave: Is the pink patch near her eye from tooth root trouble?

I'm not sure. I think it'd be hard to say unless you see her with your own eyes kind of thing. It certainly doesn;t look any worse though. And she looks very cheerful chomping away in the last picture. :love:

She must be doing well if she's still here and all the vets expected her not to be. :wave:

She does look happy to be eating :love:- although what bun isnt! :lol:

Are her tooth root problems due to her previous diet, or is it something that would have happened regardless? I've had a dental bunny, but not one with root problems.

xxx

She does look happy to be eating :love:- although what bun isnt! :lol:

Are her tooth root problems due to her previous diet, or is it something that would have happened regardless? I've had a dental bunny, but not one with root problems.

xxx

She had a horrific life previous to being rescued, she was then in rescue for many months before coming to us 2 weeks ago. It is hard to say whether it is previous diet or just something that would have happened. I have had rabbits that have had root problems despite having a great diet all their lives :?

I can't really tell from the pictures but while ever Petal is eating and happy you are doing the right thing by her. We all know that you know whats best for all the bunnies in your care Liz and will make the right decision when the time comes.

She had a horrific life previous to being rescued, she was then in rescue for many months before coming to us 2 weeks ago. It is hard to say whether it is previous diet or just something that would have happened. I have had rabbits that have had root problems despite having a great diet all their lives :?

Well I can certainly say that she doesn't look like she's had a horrible life, she looks like a very happy rabbit at the moment :love:

It must be lovely to know that you made the right decision for her.

xxx

I know I'm a bit naive:oops:, but I just so struggle to understand how such a lovely girl could have come to be so neglected. She really is strikingly pretty. :love: The pain relief and TLC must be doing her good if she's eating and flopping, and a few happy weeks have got to be a bonus to an otherwise hard life.:)

Well I can certainly say that she doesn't look like she's had a horrible life, she looks like a very happy rabbit at the moment :love:

It must be lovely to know that you made the right decision for her.

xxx

She was kept outside in an indoor cage and bedded on grass cuttings before going into rescue :( No wonder she loves her fluffy vetbed so much :)

She was kept outside in an indoor cage and bedded on grass cuttings before going into rescue :( No wonder she loves her fluffy vetbed so much :)

See, now I can understand when people buy silly little hutches, because pet shops sell them so people assume they're ok and don't know any better, but to keep an animal outdoors in an indoor cage isn't uninformed, it's. Well. I can't even think of an appropriate word to be honest:(:evil:.

xxx

Back