• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ultimate paranoid bunny mummy!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:oops::oops::oops:

Now please bear in mind that we have a lot of bunnies either with abscesses or eye problems at the moment and also that Maggie is a very hairy bunny!

Maggie has a small hard abscess on the side of her face. I was checking her over yesterday more by feel than by sight as the lump isn't visible under all her fur, when I felt another lump a little further down. Gutted I thought oh no, its spreading. Then i felt another one exactly the same on the other side. Totally devastated I parted the fur to have a better look........................

I was only poking her in the eyes :shock::lol::lol:

Oh dearie me. Just in case you find a third one, lower down and more central, that would be her nose.... ;)

:lol: If you find a large growth at the other end, covered in fur... that's the tail and it's nothing to worry about - it's quite normal!

Glad I am cheering up your Sunday :lol::lol::lol:

in all seriousness though I do believe the abscess I can feel is just the "tip of the iceberg" I am very worried about the outcome of Tuesdays vet visit :?

Having had our giggles, snorts, guffaws, ice-spitting etc:lol:, I'm sure we'll all be thinking of Maggie and you on Tuesday. :love::wave:

Well I'm not the only crazy one living here.

Steve was travelling back from Essex today round the M25, he saw the junction for the M1 and started driving up it home ( a journey he has taken many times) After a while he thought, this doesn't look right :? He'd only gone up the M11 by mistake cos he only saw one 1 on the sign post instead of 11 :lol::lol::lol:

Oh bless you Liz. I call it frazzled nerves, but it does have it's amusing side!!

I know what you mean though. I've no idea of what's under a bun's skin round there. Human's can get what are called collar stud abcesses, where the bulk of the abcess is held flat by tough fibrous tissue & only a small amount has got through it to the surface. It's the pressure which makes it painful. Relieve the pressure & the pain stops.

Is there no way she can have a quick GA & op, to open it up & remove an elipse of tissue to stop it closing, perhaps use manuka honey to help it drain?

It's very much in the realms of a vet's assessment & good judgement.

Back