• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best age for neutering?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
All the boys I've had neutered have been reasonably old when I've got it done (roughly around a year)
Now Dexter, my new boy, is only 9 weeks so when would be the best age to have his manhood removed?
x

When his balls drop get it done straight away :)
They can't do it before then and it's best to get it done straight away because then he won't start any of the bad behaviours

to pink things will appear at either side of his bit look at his bits now then when his things do appear you will notice them trust me lol its how i noticed Misty was actually a boy!

I had the babies done (not so babies now at over 1 year), as soon as all their testes dropped :)

Louie was done at 16 weeks. I wasn't sure if his balls were there or not :oops: so had a vet check and they were!

Our vet wont neuter until 16 weeks :? All our male babies that are in foster care are 12 weeks old and have all their bits ;)

Back