• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never flopping?

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Seems like everyone posts pictures of their buns flopping, or even "porkchopping" and it makes me jealous :oops: My two never do it. I am not sure if it is because they are not comfortable enough to or if they are just too excited (they come running over when I go in)...Really wish they would do it though, flopping buns is really cute! :lol:

Does anyone else have buns that dont do this?

all my bunnies do this but it did take quite a while for them to be comfortable enough to do it when i was about.

Charlee used to pork chop but not now. I have had her for 7 months and she is very comfortable around me, just never flops. Noah I can understand as I have only had him for about 2 months. They seem to prefer to snuggle with their feet tucked underneath their chin.

I think some rabbits flop and some rabbits just don't. I think its the same with binkying. My two always flop but hardly ever binky. I depends on the rabbit. If you know your rabbits are happy and I'm sure they are I wouldn't worry :) :wave:

Snowdrop flops on her tummy and rests her chin on the floor, Strawberry lies flat out with his legs behind but still keeps his head sat up on his legs.

Bungle on the other hand flops right onto his side, even his back sometimes for a snooze!

I guess all rabbits are different....... Hollie didn't binky much in the house but binky's outside an awful lot, bless her! :love:

Jack does flops and even rolls on his back with all his legs in the air when he's feeling *really* happy and chilled - usually when he's got both his mummeh and daddi with him and it's afternoon chilling time. :) xx

Both binky all the time - but especially when they're waiting for their veggies of course! :lol:

Maybe they will flop more as time goes on. I have to say that with Jack and Hollie it was only when they went for holiday boarding that their bond became really strong - being in a hutch for a week did their relationship wonders.

What does pork chop mean? :oops: Is it like this?

d21e5a0f.jpg

Maybe it is just time. Charlee is absolutely gorgeous, knows her name and is a total character and Noah is still coming out of his shell - he is just starting to learn to trust me. Neither are very fond of head rubs. Maybe they flop when I am not there - at the moment whenever I go in they coming running up to say hello and beg for a treat. Need to wait for them to get fatter and lazier :roll::lol:

When I was first 'getting to know' Jack I used to go to him in the afternoon when he was at his most relaxed. He couldn't be bothered to move so let me stroke him - just a little at first - now he's a total softy but even so when he wants to zoom about the yard he isn't bothered about being fussed.

Try sneaking into them when they're resting in the afternoon and see if you can get a nose-rub then lol. ;)

Actually I might go try in a hours time. I had to lock them up for half the day as we had a major clean up in my room plus we got a new hay bale in so had to sort it into tubs (which made a major mess) and then the guinea pig cages needed cleaning - and we really didnt need buns getting up to trouble in the middle of it. So they were not happy and went absolutely spazz when I let them out again. They should be tired soon :lol:

Did she stop when Noah came along? Maybe she's not settled with him yet. Give it some time for them both to settle with each other.

Did she stop when Noah came along? Maybe she's not settled with him yet. Give it some time for them both to settle with each other.

Actually you are right. It was around when Noah came home that she stopped. She seems very loved up and they are always snuggling but maybe they aren't confident enough in each other to flop yet.

Back