• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growing in confidence even after a year?...

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I've notice in the last couple of weeks that little Lolabun seems to be getting a bit more cheeky and confident. Not viscious in any way, just more willing to be stroked and putting her paws on my knee, following me around more, like Benson does...

My friend was looking after them again for me over the last 2 days and she even noticed Lola being more friendly toward her!

Does anyone have any experience of how rabbits change with age? They are both 1 now.

Complex little creatures aren't they?!

When Lola was just 9 weeks she lived in the house with me for a couple of weeks until Benson was neutered and she would lie on my chest and nuzzle under my chin. Then I gave her her husbun and her freedom in their big house and she didn't want me anymore. She used to be my girl but now she is most def. Benson's!! Now she is coming around again after a year!!! Very strange!! Not complaining though!! :love:

Aw, now I want to go out into the wind and rain and sneak into the aviary where my boys are all snuggled up and have cuddles with them!!!

Aw, now I want to go out into the wind and rain and sneak into the aviary where my boys are all snuggled up and have cuddles with them!!!

Tug at your heart strings don't they?!! I used to love it at night, when Benson was put put in his hutch (temporary!!) and I would come in and bring little Lolsie out and she would just lie on my chest and purr with her teeth. Oh my baby! She still is even though she thinks she's Benson's baby!!

We need pics of your 2 - you don't post enough pics of them!!!!!!

I'll take some new ones for you! Not in the dark now though. I'm sure you'll agree that little black bunnies and the dark don't mix!! Sometimes I go out to close their shutters at night and give them a sprig of basil and I can't find their mouths!! :roll:

I'll take some new ones for you! Not in the dark now though. I'm sure you'll agree that little black bunnies and the dark don't mix!! Sometimes I go out to close their shutters at night and give them a sprig of basil and I can't find their mouths!! :roll:

Bet their mouths can find the basil tho :lol::lol::lol:

Hurray!! What happens to them when they get old? Do they settle down more? Slow up? I've never had bunnies before!

no idea my first time too :shock::shock::shock:

hes a million times more tolerant to humans than he was at 1.. im hoping by the time hes 6 i may get the bunny who sits next to me watching the enders (my dream before i got house bunnies lol)

he even accepted my mom looking after him :shock:

and this week when he had a slow down he didnt beat me up when i gave him drugs :shock::shock::shock:

no idea my first time too :shock::shock::shock:

hes a million times more tolerant to humans than he was at 1.. im hoping by the time hes 6 i may get the bunny who sits next to me watching the enders (my dream before i got house bunnies lol)

he even accepted my mom looking after him :shock:

and this week when he had a slow down he didnt beat me up when i gave him drugs :shock::shock::shock:

Good boy Alvin! Progress!!! I'd love to be able to just pick them up and give em a good cuddle - never happen!! :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: we suit each other, im a hands off kind of a gal usually and they are a :censored: touch me and die kind of a pet :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are all well suited then!! Benson sits on my knee for treats! Lola has started putting two paws on my leg for treats while Benson sits on me! I'll just have to be happy with that and stroke the piggies and Chester dog! And refrain from feeding treats for cuddles all the time!!!

Smudge is gradually accepting me. At treat time he'll come and put two paws on my legs and sometimes I even get four paws in my lap.

Back