• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 13 bunnys

Ambience

Warren Veteran
How much square foot would i need if i were to do this? i got 19ft x 19ft available space 24/7 Total 361 square foot. This would be with 84sqft of covered space. So about 9 foot by 9 ft covered area- i.e Shed. Then 10ft by 10ft of open shared space.

Is that right?

Thanks
Ambience x

Do you really think that's a good idea?

Sorry coming off from a failed bonding of 4 I just... 13? :shock:

Do you really think that's a good idea?

Sorry coming off from a failed bonding of 4 I just... 13? :shock:

Not sure :) I have two groups of 3, one pair and my others are sole buns at the moment for various reasons.

I know that shadow, stripe and rose , ava and athena will bond okay as i have tried them already, but seperated as my girls are not done yet. They are neutered by the end of this month however, so i'll retry after that.

Then i have had ares running around and he seems to be getting along with all my buns.

Sunny, paws should bond together okay as they are brothers and now neutered.

I think Ama lily and lucy will bond with paws and sunny fine as they are brother and sister to lily and lucy and ama is mum.

So i could keep them as two seperate groups.

ama, lil, lucy, sunny , paws
shadow, stripe, ava, athena, rose

Ares i think would be happy with rose's lot- so six in one group and four in the other.

My two boys patch and blaze are having treatment at the moment, so i wouldn't be bonding them yet, but if they are sorted at any point, then i would try put them together with each other as they have been along side each other and then bond them to one of the groups.

Then i guessed that bonding two large groups, would not be so difficult if they had already been accustomed to being in bigger groups.

May be right- i was just wondering if that would be enough space size if i ever managed to do it ~:)

Ambience x

I personally wouldn't entertain it! :wave::wave::wave:

:) sheer entertainment- although there is the medical aspect to consider if they got ill- carting 13 to the vets at once. The most i've taken at once so far is 7. Maybe i should keep it as two groups :)

Ambience x

:) sheer entertainment- although there is the medical aspect to consider if they got ill- carting 13 to the vets at once. The most i've taken at once so far is 7. Maybe i should keep it as two groups :)

Ambience x

:lol::lol::lol: I just got a brilliant mental image of someone trying to get through a door with 13 pet carriers. :p

Sometimes I've thought how nice it'd be if I could get all of my rabbits in a big group but I don't think it'd work because, as you say, I'd struggle getting them all to the vets together and if I just took one, I'd worry I wouldn't be able to introduce it back into the group.

Although I suppose if you could afford to call the vet out to your house maybe it'd work!

:lol: I'm always considering bonding mine as a group but I'm too scared to try it! 13 sounds... scary... but I do love seeing pictures of massive groups, it seems more natural somehow :D you could always try it, it's been done before :wave:

i think its worth a try....but maybe speak to tinsel or chloe at fat fluffs chloaster on here as they both have very large groups of bunnys that seem to work well they could prob help you more?! x

Back