• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can any Portsmouth area member help me please?

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
Hi lovely ladies (and gents),

Even before Deej passed away I had sorted out some of his toys and things that we & he did not want and now I also have other stuff inc a big bag of hay.

So I'm hoping someone in the Portsmouth area, might be able to give me a lift and come with me, to donate all his things to a local rescue, as it seems a terrible waste for them to be sitting around here.

I don't drive or have any friends locally who could help me out, hence why I asking you lovely lot, and I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from better than they would!

Alternatively If anyone wanted his things and would like to make a donation to be given to a rescue that could be a possibility I guess.

I just want to sort this out as it makes me sad every time I see the last of his belongings (I gave my mum half the contents of my veggie draw as I couldn't face eating them - silly I know, but Deej and I often used to share some celery or an apple etc). :(

I'm not passing on his old cage, and think I will keep my NIC panels for the time being though.

Thanks for reading, and if you can help me out with this please could you contact me, as I don't pop in the forum much these days, it makes me a bit sad y'know. :(

Oh, bless you (((hug)))

I can't really help (because the sea's in the way... :roll:) but I just wanted to bump the thread up as I think it's wonderful that you're willing to donate Deej's things to a rescue :love:

i know you probably feel the need to get rid but i think you should put his stuff out of sight not got rid of... after i lost my cat i was never going to get another pet so i gave away the carrier to my vets....

i had to buy a new carrier when i got Alvin.

if you plan to be petless forever then go ahead get rid but once youve had that love its hard to close the heart so keeping things hidden is better than getting rid :wave::wave:

hope your ok xxxxx

Hi

Which rescue were you thinking of?

I live in Havant and would be happy to help but only have a two seater car so it would depend if the hay would fit in the boot - a bale doesn't. I also work three jobs so it would have to be at a weekend.

I'm sorry you lost your bun. I've got seven and one of them is currently in kidney failure and I know she won't be with me much longer - being a Bunny Mummy is so painful sometimes.

Let me know if I can help.

Thank you all for replying.

I don't have an affiliation to any specific rescue, so I'm happy to donate to any that would accept and actually use the bits I have, and am free most of the time (unfortunately I can't claim to have a packed schedule)! :oops:

It's just a large bagful of hay as we had just started a new bagful (if there were less I would have just used it in the garden).

As we only had Deej and no storage space (or car) we couldn't buy bales (while he was a good hay eater, a bag lasted him quite a while)! :oops: :)

The reason I'm passing on his belongings is that we are getting married next year, so can't afford nor make the commitment to a new pet right now. Also we've never wanted another bunny. The only future pets we really want one day are dogs, but that won't be for a long time. After losing the last of all 8 of our rats (and 1 hammy) 4 years ago Deej was our last and only pet, and we knew his death would hit us even harder then all of our other little fuzzbutts, we just expected him to be with us for at least a couple more years.

I have kept his carrier (and I even bought a rat one after we no longer had rats!) as my mum has a cat, plus you never know if a stray or wild animal may need your help to get to a vet!

Deej's belongings that took up the most space weren't things that we could keep anyway - he had 3 boxes - one was the size of a washing machine, I had put a level in it for him and made it into a fort with doorways and everything! He also had a couple of other boxes and a tent he loved - in fact he loved them all so much they were chewed to bits! He was one of those bunnies who ignored the expensive toys and treats and loved lots of attention, cardboard boxes and trying to steal anything we were eating! :love:

Thank you all for replying.

I don't have an affiliation to any specific rescue, so I'm happy to donate to any that would accept and actually use the bits I have, and am free most of the time (unfortunately I can't claim to have a packed schedule)! :oops:

It's just a large bagful of hay as we had just started a new bagful (if there were less I would have just used it in the garden).

As we only had Deej and no storage space (or car) we couldn't buy bales (while he was a good hay eater, a bag lasted him quite a while)! :oops: :)

The reason I'm passing on his belongings is that we are getting married next year, so can't afford nor make the commitment to a new pet right now. Also we've never wanted another bunny. The only future pets we really want one day are dogs, but that won't be for a long time. After losing the last of all 8 of our rats (and 1 hammy) 4 years ago Deej was our last and only pet, and we knew his death would hit us even harder then all of our other little fuzzbutts, we just expected him to be with us for at least a couple more years.

I have kept his carrier (and I even bought a rat one after we no longer had rats!) as my mum has a cat, plus you never know if a stray or wild animal may need your help to get to a vet!

Deej's belongings that took up the most space weren't things that we could keep anyway - he had 3 boxes - one was the size of a washing machine, I had put a level in it for him and made it into a fort with doorways and everything! He also had a couple of other boxes and a tent he loved - in fact he loved them all so much they were chewed to bits! He was one of those bunnies who ignored the expensive toys and treats and loved lots of attention, cardboard boxes and trying to steal anything we were eating! :love:

Bless the little sweetheart!
I'm going to be going up to Sue at Southampton at somepoint, I have a roll of lino I need to take up to her. Won't be for a couple of weeks though cause baby is due on 30th. If you still want me to take you and it up then I'll be more than happy too...do you still have my number?
x

Back