• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok so I made a run today.... UPDATED WITH PIC.....

cyprusrabbit

Alpha Buck
Hi guys :wave:

I have made a run today, I intend to attach it to my hutch - Just need to find some flooring! I dont have grass or concrete, my whole garden is decked...

Day4015.jpg

So I need to protect my decking.

My question is - do your buns that have runs attached have 24 hour access - in all weathers?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys :wave:

I have made a run today, I intend to attach it to my hutch - Just need to find some flooring! I dont have grass or concrete, my whole garden is decked...

Day4015.jpg

So I need to protect my decking.

My question is - do your buns that have runs attached have 24 hour access - in all weathers?

Thanks

My buns are on a shed/ run on decking. I lock them in their shed at night though, even though run is fox proof. This keeps me happy as I know they are definitely safe, and also because they are little scardy buns, I don't want them being spooked at night if a fox/ cat appears.
I haven't put anything on the deck to protect it. It is oiled with pet friendly oil, and cleans up great with Ronseal deck cleaner once a year

Do your buns not chew the decking? - They have free range when I am home - they have a nibble at it, but no damage yet......

What about the weather? Like its tipping it down currently, is it ok for them to be out when they have access?

I would have thought they would be alright on decking.

My buns have access to there run 24/7, as rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk it seems IMO the best thing for them. But your run HAS to be fox proof and they must have bolt holes :)

My rabbits go out in all weathers, but normally they're clever enough to stay dry, if your worried you could always have some kind of roof on the run. I have a shower curtin across half of my run :D

Once I have finished it (hopefully tomorrow) I will add bolt holes. It will be fox proof - but we dont get foxes - despite living close to rural land.

Lets hope I have clever buns that stay dry!!!!

Do your buns not chew the decking? - They have free range when I am home - they have a nibble at it, but no damage yet......

What about the weather? Like its tipping it down currently, is it ok for them to be out when they have access?

They never chew the decking, no. They chew their shed instead!!

Our run is bolted to the decking to make it extra safe. I have moved it to new decking, and you would never know they had been there once I treated the area and jet washed it. Can't wait to see piccies of your hutch/ run.

I have just put Pickle and Pootle onto a decking area.. they are chewers and have started chewing the decking :roll::roll::roll:

I will get some pics up - hopefully today.

Off to B&Q again later today!! lol

On another note.... Currently I have shavings (I know they are not the best) in the hutch. What do you put on the floor of your hutches - If you use lino where do you get such a small piece?

On another note.... Currently I have shavings (I know they are not the best) in the hutch. What do you put on the floor of your hutches - If you use lino where do you get such a small piece?

Give a couple of your local carpet shops a call and say you're after a small off cut/end of roll of lino - do they have any you could have/buy? I got several pieces for free when I asked :D

In B&Q you can buy vinyl tiles that are self adhesive to lay in the bottom of the hutch or carpet tiles (I find the vinyl tiles a bit slippy). I then have a litter tray with newspaper and hay in. I dont use the wood shavings.

Give a couple of your local carpet shops a call and say you're after a small off cut/end of roll of lino - do they have any you could have/buy? I got several pieces for free when I asked :D

Thanks... :D

Im a bit annoyed really - Because we just had new lino put down....!!!! :censored: But didnt have the buns!

In B&Q you can buy vinyl tiles that are self adhesive to lay in the bottom of the hutch or carpet tiles (I find the vinyl tiles a bit slippy). I then have a litter tray with newspaper and hay in. I dont use the wood shavings.

Good job Im off to B&Q then..... - but there are carpets shops in the same area :D fingers crossed

Back