• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Please! Wilm is in stasis :( U/D He's ok :D

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
I have been away for a few days and come home to find Wilmy in stasis. My mum dropped the buns off this afternoon after looking after them and we arrived home this eve. She says he was eating this morning but he is going through a huge malt right now and I'm sure it's down to this. I have called the vet and they are calling me back.

I have given infacol and am currently chasing him round the room to get his gut moving. Does anyone have any further advice in the meantime please, I love this bunny dearly :(

Last edited:
I have been away for a few days and come home to find Wilmy in stasis. My mum dropped the buns off this afternoon after looking after them and we arrived home this eve. She says he was eating this morning but he is going through a huge malt right now and I'm sure it's down to this. I have called the vet and they are calling me back.

I have given infacol and am currently chasing him round the room to get his gut moving. Does anyone have any further advice in the meantime please, I love this bunny dearly :(

I'd get some cooled boiled water into him, about 10ml/kg if possible.

Sorry to hear this. :(

You're doing the right things - would he let you give him a tummy rub as well?

Hope the vet gets back to you soon, good luck.

I agree with the gentle tummy rubs. Hopefully the vet can give him pain relief and a gut stimulant. Chloe has often had stasis which I am convinced is linked to moulting

Sending vibes.

The only thing I can add that I find useful is to try a range of wild plants (dandelion leaves, milk thistle, etc.) and herbs as often these get my guys eating when they are refusing everything else.

Try to keep him hydrated as this is super important. Gentle tummy rubs and just keep the wee fella moving.

Sending vibes :cry: x

He's seen the vet, has the injections etc. but still nothing :( I've been givin him tummy rubs and he's started drinking on his own although no food yet. He's not moving much although he has been grooming himself a few times. How does it sound? :(

He's seen the vet, has the injections etc. but still nothing :( I've been givin him tummy rubs and he's started drinking on his own although no food yet. He's not moving much although he has been grooming himself a few times. How does it sound? :(

grooming is good :D:D means he aint lying there given up

give it a few hours before you get some nibbling... tempting with some fresh herbs may help but its all down to that amazing painkiller to kick in

I've got some dandelion leaves as that's what got him eating before, he's had a look at them but not interested yet. Should I keep chasing him or should I leave him be for a while?

Thanks for your help everyone :)

let him have a rest after the stress of the vets hun... i would go back to annoying after 2 hours if it was Alvin...can you monitor what is eaten or is he in a pair? i watch alvin on my camera :oops::oops:

let him have a rest after the stress of the vets hun... i would go back to annoying after 2 hours if it was Alvin...can you monitor what is eaten or is he in a pair? i watch alvin on my camera :oops::oops:

He's in a pair but I have Debbie in the cage locked in (she's hating it, they're free range all the time normally!) and Wilmy in the kitchen by her so I can check what he's eating and pooping.

I'll leave him for a while then, I'm just concerned his tummy won't move :(

He's in a pair but I have Debbie in the cage locked in (she's hating it, they're free range all the time normally!) and Wilmy in the kitchen by her so I can check what he's eating and pooping.

I'll leave him for a while then, I'm just concerned his tummy won't move :(

set your alarm for 2 hours then and try feeding then, i usually get water into Alvin if he doesnt eat... i think 2 hours is a good amount of time for both of us to destress before we go at it again :(

if the vet has ruled out a blockage and your mom said he was ok this morning its highly unlikely you will lose him tonight if you leave him be (going on Alvin experience only)... if its really bad and hes not eating by morning fluids by injection (or drip depending how poorly hes feeling) will be your option and the vets can re examine too

good luck, i know how long a night is with stasis :( xxxxxxxxx

I hope Wilm starts to improve soon.
As others have said, I have found in the past that bunnies in stasis often seen to crave coarse, fibrous things like coarse grass and fruit leaves eg apple leaves, bramble, raspberry or currant leaves rather than the sweeter treats and pellets they might normally choose so try to make sure you have a good selection of these on offer, as well as carrot tops and parsley etc. they will help with hydration as well as helping to eliminate ingested fur xx

I hope Wilm starts to improve soon.
As others have said, I have found in the past that bunnies in stasis often seen to crave coarse, fibrous things like coarse grass and fruit leaves eg apple leaves, bramble, raspberry or currant leaves rather than the sweeter treats and pellets they might normally choose so try to make sure you have a good selection of these on offer, as well as carrot tops and parsley etc. they will help with hydration as well as helping to eliminate ingested fur xx

my first indication (that i notice) with alvin is the lack of interest in pellets... really strange and scary :( he then goes crazy for bramble and hawthorn leaves

Back