• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my new 3some!!! U/D on Lucy- see post 72. been to vets

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Well..... Today OH and I went to garden centre and they had a 10 month old mini lop (ex show bunny) in there for £25 :?:?

I asked the woman why she was there and she said "she has had a litter and now the breeder wants her to go to a good home, he is a responsible breeder and only ever takes one litter"

I said - well shes only 10 months old?

She replied- yeah they bred her at 6 months......

Poor little mite! I just had to.........

anyway

here she is:

Photo0170.jpg

Photo0158.jpg

they have been bonding....

Photo0160.jpg

Photo0156.jpg

Photo0166.jpg

however naughty noodle humps Twig and Newbie.... to show shes boss....

and twig has had the occasional hump of newbie to find her place....

Photo0162.jpg

so lots of fur pulling............

but they got along well enough to put in the hutch........

Photo0187.jpg

and she has had some food:

Photo0174.jpg

Not sure if its because she is a show bunny- but when u put her somewhere she just stays there- like an inanimate object......

I know she is probably scared..... she is still as anything when u pick her up. But the woman at the garden centre said that they are used to being modged and poked at at the shows..........

So here she is... help with a name?

And bonding vibes please!!! They wont settle for more than 20 mins without a bit of a chase- is this normal???

Last edited:
Hiya

I can't believe you only got her today and already they look so happy together!? I have a bonded pair which I have had for 5 years and a single neutered boy who I recently rescued that I am intending to bond with them so interested in anyone bonding trios!!

I checked her over, clean ears, clean and bright eyes, clean bum etc - shes eating food and hay....

shes still just a little scared from her move, but seems to be going well.

She needs neutering, and so does noodle.... which should seal the deal....

Forgot about quarantine, never bonded a pair before since the first time i got them

They look so cute together!!

Agreed with the above, get her checked out ASAP but fingers crossed as they look great together :D

thanks, will do

very proud but sad because she looks so scared of them both....

just shut them up for the night so in the morning im expecting to see love!!!

i wouldnt leave them unsupervised overnight, while they have got on well, quite often bonds do get on well for the first day, if shes acting nervous now, but decides to be top bun in the night, it could result in a fight, its alot of stress for a bun to go through in just a day, shes probably overwhelmed. If you cant bring them in for the night then i would seperate, to be on the safe side.

aawww she's very pretty... not sure i would have brought her home and immediately tried to bond her though. Hopefully she wont be too stresed with all changes and they will all settle ok.

i was worried that if i got her settled at home then she would be unsettled again during bonding so tried in one foul swoop, not unsupervised checking them regularly...

feel like cr*p now just tried to do a good thing

i was worried that if i got her settled at home then she would be unsettled again during bonding so tried in one foul swoop, not unsupervised checking them regularly...

feel like cr*p now just tried to do a good thing

aww im sure if you are checking on them every hour or so they should be ok, it will mean a sleepless night for you though.
You do find that though - as they settle - they get braver so just keep an eye on her.

She is very sweet - gorgeous girl :love:

thanks, scared now. Just checked on them and all seems well. Newbie was still in the same place i left her- with about 4 poos on her back (pesky buns) She just wont move i think shes scared- but she is eating hay so not too scared..... OH coming back in a bit- we can check them every half hour until about 1 am-

She looks lovely :love: very bright and healthy :)
Can't really give bonding advice, but I accidentally let my girls together for the night and when I came down in the morning they were very much in love- I hate to think what could have happened :shock:
And just to be clear I seperated them off but one of them managed to break through and get to the other :oops:

Back