• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urine on the backs of legs

Candiflare

Mama Doe
For the past couple of days Rosie has had very wet, omnipresent urine stains on the sides and backs of her back legs. You can also feel her "quake" when she is walking or sitting on you (like a vibration from her legs) and I wondered if the two may be related?

For the past couple of days Rosie has had very wet, omnipresent urine stains on the sides and backs of her back legs. You can also feel her "quake" when she is walking or sitting on you (like a vibration from her legs) and I wondered if the two may be related?

Yes and it requires Veterinary attention xx

I would want to get her checked by a vet within a day or two at most.
I would hope the vet would check her over for kidney problems and u.t.i. and would probably want to treat her for e.cuniculi with a course of panacur or lapizole. I'm not sure if Jack's-Jane was thinking along the same lines or if she had other ideas xx

Last edited:
I would want to get her checked by a vet within a day or two at most.
I would hope the vet would check her over for kidney problems and u.t.i. and would probably want to treat her for e.cuniculi with a course of panacur or lapizole. I'm not sure if Jack's-Jane was thinking along the same lines or is she had other ideas xx

Thanks. Shall I separate her from being in the vicinity of my other buns?

Thanks. Shall I separate her from being in the vicinity of my other buns?

I wouldn't- separation would only cause her more stress and if it was anything infectious they would most likely have been exposed by now. I would always treat any in contact buns as a precaution if I suspected e.c though xx

I would postpone the spay until you are sure she's ok xx

I agree with this. If it is a urine infection or EC as others have suggested it would potentially take a while to recover from these problems. They wouldn't put her under unless she was fit and healthy. Perhaps give the vets a ring today to ask their advice. They used to have a drop in clinic for an hour on Sunday morning at Hook Norton but you would probably end up getting through to the emergency vets.

Last edited:
Asbeau had these symptoms when he came down with EC. The sooner you get vetinary treatment the better. Asbeau got horrific urine scalds down his back legs, the poor lad was a mess :(

Back