• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing opinions please

Which option?

• Option 1

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Option 2

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Other- please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Right guys I have 2 different options for Strawbs and Snow and need your advice on what will be best.

Option 1- stay as they are. Strawberry has 4x4 wendy house and attached 10 x 4 run. Snowdrop has a 6x4 wendy house- no run. She can see Strawbs if she sits in the window but she doesnt usually sit there and is on the other side of the patio to him.

Option 2- put Snowdrops wendy house on the other end of Strawberrys run and spilt the run so that she has some. It would give Strawbs a 6 x 4 run and Snow a 4x4. The main reason for doing this is so that Strawbs and Snow can see each other and sit next to each other along the mesh.

So.... would you compromise Strawbs space to allow him and Snow to be able to sit side by side, or would you leave them as they are?

Last edited:
Well I would go for option 2 as it mean a) they can sit together and b) Snow can have a run :)

Or if possible put the 2 wendyhouses side by side and get snow a run too so they can sit together and have a run each :wave:

Well I would go for option 2 as it mean a) they can sit together and b) Snow can have a run :)

Or if possible put the 2 wendyhouses side by side and get snow a run too so they can sit together and have a run each
:wave:

I cant do this as the patio isnt big enough to fit them all on.

They both get free range time every evening and all day on weekends as well.

Is it really 2 foot wide? that seems very thin

Sorry no its 4ft! Stupid me! Strawbs house is 4x4 not 6x2 so the attached run is 4ft wide not 2!

Will amend my first post!

ETA- the reason Snowdrop doesnt have a run is that she has an illness and sleeps for most of the day. We thought a 6x4 wendy house was better for her than a smaller hutch but with attached run, especially in winter and bad weather when she needs to be kept warm and dry.

Last edited:
i thought they hated each other :? im not sure i would want a bunny who gets the runs to have access to the outside without me watching...

so i think i am going to be the only RUer who says leave as is... if it aint broken dont fix it :wave::wave:

i thought they hated each other :? im not sure i would want a bunny who gets the runs to have access to the outside without me watching...

so i think i am going to be the only RUer who says leave as is... if it aint broken dont fix it :wave::wave:

Oh If they hate each other could you section the run off with solid wood not mesh so they can't see each other :? I really think both of them should have access to a run :?

They do! lol Well they did when being bonded but when we let Snowdrop free range she will now go and sit alongside Strawbs run and he will sit next to her so this is a step forward for them and maybe one day they will rebond!

I dont understand what you mean about bunny having access to outside?

I would double mesh as we have at the minute so there would be no way they could bite through!

Oh If they hate each other could you section the run off with solid wood not mesh so they can't see each other :? I really think both of them should have access to a run :?

This would defeat the object of putting them side by side! lol I would make sure it ws 100% secure so neither could bite the other.

They do! lol Well they did when being bonded but when we let Snowdrop free range she will now go and sit alongside Strawbs run and he will sit next to her so this is a step forward for them and maybe one day they will rebond!

I dont understand what you mean about bunny having access to outside?

I would double mesh as we have at the minute so there would be no way they could bite through!

by access to outside i mean a 24hr access to ouside the safety of the playhose, id be so paranoid about flystrike with her condtion so i would live without a run and allow freerange when im watching.

altho im a die hard housebunny keeper so i guess my para would be more than the average ruer anyhows :oops::oops:

by access to outside i mean a 24hr access to ouside the safety of the playhose, id be so paranoid about flystrike with her condtion so i would live without a run and allow freerange when im watching.

altho im a die hard housebunny keeper so i guess my para would be more than the average ruer anyhows :oops::oops:

Ah right! I cover my runs with green netting to stop flies getting in, all her playhouse windows are covered as well.

True, didn't think about that :oops: Thought it would just stop them attempting to bite each other.

To be honest I dont think they would. When Snowdrop is free ranging and Strawbs is in his run they used to try and bite through but they are used to each other being there now and dont bother. They will now lie side by side so I think they are improving with each other!

Back