• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble Leaves

scatter

Alpha Buck
Sorry if I've missed other threads on this! Does anybody feed these to their buns - are they good for them and if so, how much do you feed. Thanks.:D

They are very good for bunnies... mine have a few leaves most days when they are in season.. you can also dry them for winter use too which a lot of members are doing.

They give my boys the runs, suprisingly. As with anything introduce them gradually.

Thank you so much for that post Hoppit. It's so important that we get together information ourselves. Have there been issues with any other wild plants with your special 2 boys?

Thank you so much for that post Hoppit. It's so important that we get together information ourselves. Have there been issues with any other wild plants with your special 2 boys?

It's so strange, cuz obviously blackberries are known for their binding qualities. I think it might just be my pair - they're really sensitive to foods that most other buns nom without problems. I'm not sure, but it could possibly be linked to their coccidiosis, though I've no idea how. There's an artical on coccidial diesease in rabbits in this months 'Veterinary Record', so I'm gunna have a quick read and see if it says anything there, about increased sensitivity to food following the illness.

Sorry, I'm straying off topic. I don't know why they react to brambles. They used to be fine with the wild plants from around the garden, but since they were ill I've been afraid to give them anything that might have been contaminated by wildies.

Back