• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cows on the loose!

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Hubby just shouted from the living room "There are a load of cows loose on the road". Bit worrying as we live on a main rd!

Rushed outside and they were walking on the verge outside the house eating next doors plants :shock:

Son took a picture! The bloke in the blue shirt was a motorist who had to stop due to the cows. He got out of his car, clapped his hands, and the cows all started walking back towards the field over the road!

Then the farmer appeared over the hill of the field, so I don't really know how they had ended up on the road!

Picture007.jpg

:shock::shock::shock:
Cows scare the living daylights out of me.
Glad they are ok and have gone back home:D

Uh oh! Wonder how they got there :shock: They're only littluns too.

I have rather a fondness for cows after working with them this summer. Especially Jerseys :love:

Uh oh! Wonder how they got there :shock: They're only littluns too.

I have rather a fondness for cows after working with them this summer. Especially Jerseys :love:

I don't know :shock: The entrance to the field is over the road from our house but it's a crop field and the cows aren't usually in there. Plus, they had come from the left of our house and there are no fields on our side of the road!

A bit of a mystery but it could have ended badly as the speed limit on our road is 40mph and a main road :shock:

whoops! They went on a bit of an adventure then!

Where my mum lives, through the spring and summer months there are cows loose and grazing on common land. A whole range of different types, including some long-horn ones, it's all part of conserving the common land. It also doubles up as a free golf course...so makes it interesting when the cows and calves are out! There are roads running right across it too. They don't usually venture down the lane to my mum's house, but she has caught them with her flower pots in their mouths, and the neighbour once had one in their swimming pool. Every house on that side of the cattle grids have massive gates haha, or they get the cows in the garden.

The cows are a bit thick, they don't recognise cars as dangerous, just wander along the middle of the road. They must think cars are just big metal cows...

whoops! They went on a bit of an adventure then!

Where my mum lives, through the spring and summer months there are cows loose and grazing on common land. A whole range of different types, including some long-horn ones, it's all part of conserving the common land. It also doubles up as a free golf course...so makes it interesting when the cows and calves are out! There are roads running right across it too. They don't usually venture down the lane to my mum's house, but she has caught them with her flower pots in their mouths, and the neighbour once had one in their swimming pool. Every house on that side of the cattle grids have massive gates haha, or they get the cows in the garden.

The cows are a bit thick, they don't recognise cars as dangerous, just wander along the middle of the road. They must think cars are just big metal cows...

I may invest in a cattle grid :D

It did make me laugh as they were walking along and mooing really loudly!:D

I grew up on a farm and the cows used to get out into our garden all the time, it was always when there was a Jersey as well! Jerseys leading the take over of the country! :shock:

Back