• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best set up for a group of 8 piggies

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
can anyone please give me idea,s on the best set up for a group of 8 guineapigs, a neutered boar and 7 girls, I have them here in temporary accomadation, but so far everything ive put them in I dont feel they have enough space:(, I cant split the group either because 1 of the girls is completely blind and rely,s totally on the others :(
A shed isnt possible either as my shed has a group of bunnies in it:?
idea,s appreciated:D:D

Hi how about getting two hutches and joining them together to make one large one. We did that with ours. We had one normal hutch on legs and one hutch with a run below, so we created a run on the other hutch and joined the two together and took out the dividing wall. It works out great. Hope that helps :)

I suppose it depends on how much space you have to put their accomodation and if they are going to be indoors or out. You could make a fantastic enclosure from C+C grids, I know one lady who has an indoor one that practically fills her dining room, just for 2 piggies but it is amazing. A large playhouse outside with attached run or maybe a 6x4 shed with attached run if you have room outside could work too. Or if they can cope with ramps, maybe a large triple decker hutch and a run attached to the bottom layer.

Back