PDA

View Full Version : best set up for a group of 8 piggies

bunnyrun
21-08-2010, 03:07 PM
can anyone please give me idea,s on the best set up for a group of 8 guineapigs, a neutered boar and 7 girls, I have them here in temporary accomadation, but so far everything ive put them in I dont feel they have enough space:(, I cant split the group either because 1 of the girls is completely blind and rely,s totally on the others :(
A shed isnt possible either as my shed has a group of bunnies in it:?
idea,s appreciated:D:D

Tiabrac
21-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi how about getting two hutches and joining them together to make one large one. We did that with ours. We had one normal hutch on legs and one hutch with a run below, so we created a run on the other hutch and joined the two together and took out the dividing wall. It works out great. Hope that helps :)

holidayhutch
21-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I suppose it depends on how much space you have to put their accomodation and if they are going to be indoors or out. You could make a fantastic enclosure from C+C grids, I know one lady who has an indoor one that practically fills her dining room, just for 2 piggies but it is amazing. A large playhouse outside with attached run or maybe a 6x4 shed with attached run if you have room outside could work too. Or if they can cope with ramps, maybe a large triple decker hutch and a run attached to the bottom layer.