• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of the whole animal family

cat001

Young Bun
I love posting pics of my animal family :love: so I thought I'd share a few images of them with you all.. :D

First up is Lucy!
4911339231_3cf3257114.jpg

Magik
4343757886_2a2c73aa15.jpg

Katie
4097727613_e30d256e40.jpg

Jake
4704490286_7818a7d8bb.jpg

Benny
4911966420_32eba4f4bf.jpg

JD
4425446792_fe7438bcf3.jpg

Jack
3821822144_895edcc33b.jpg

Amy
3942422111_60ca2370f1.jpg

And finally Cleo
3943207900_a03fbd3edd.jpg

Your photography skills are great... I love the furries... cant say I am that enamoured with the snakes and other ones tho :lol:

Your photography skills are great... I love the furries... cant say I am that enamoured with the snakes and other ones tho :lol:

Hehe, I'm sure if you got to know my snakies and geckos you'd think them adorable! :love:

A little storie coming up...before I had reptiles I was rather indifferent towards them it was only when my sister first got JD as a hatchling that I started to warm towards them. Soon enough she got bored with the snakes so I took them on full time. I initially got my geckos from a college friend who also got bored with them, I couldn't miss out on the oppertunity to take in more animals lol. You learn that reptiles also have individual personalities, their own unique quirks and arn't all that different from other members of the animal kingdom. JD for instance is a fun loving care free personality, she loves to explore and is ever so good with people. As a hatchling she used to slither down my sleeve, coil up and go to sleep so we had a lot of quality time together! :love: Now she's much too big to fit down my sleeve but she still tries! :lol: She also knows how to manipulate me to feed her early, she gazes at me with a look of "don't let me go hungry, pleaaase" in her eyes! XD And she's tap trained, when I tap her viv she knows to come out for dinner. Snakes in general are also extremely reluctant to bite and only bite as a last resort if they see no way of escape, they'll even strike out with their mouths closed at a predator first before actually having to bite, they don't want to cause harm, they only want to survive.

Sadly snakes and other reptiles are heavily persecuted by the media, in a similar way that so called 'dangerous dogs' such as pit bulls and staffies are. That contraversy started in the 80's before then they were considered a perfectly acceptable family dog, historically they were even considered the nanny dogs! Child friendly and loving breeds. Funny how the media can alter peoples perseptions so drastically. :roll: Every article I ever read about poor snakes that are abondoned and suffer terribly as a result are still made out to be the bad guys, it's so sad :( reptiles are in fact just as sensitive to pain as cats and dogs and can get depressed just like any other animal, they're not mindless machines but can learn, be happy and sad, make decisions etc.

Woops, didn't quite mean to write so much...and it isn't all directly aimed at you lol, can ya tell I love my non furries! :lol:

Back