• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I bond my two pairs???

Should I bond the two couples into a 4?

• Yes, give it a go...

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, I dont think it will work....

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Theo (M) and Cleo (F) :

Established pair for 3 years.
Theo is very bossy and chases Cleo away from food. HATES human contact...growls etc....
Cleo is submissive, however attacks hands, brushes etc- likes the odd stroke......She once attacked Theo when she clapped eyes on Twig and Noodle........
Neither are big eaters....

Twiglet (F) and Noodle (F)

Twiglet and Noodle are not yet 12 months old, love each other to bits.
Noodle has 3 legs however is the dominant of the pair.
They eat like GAMETES!!! Constantly
Both love human contact, Noodle loves to be picked up and cuddled........ However she is not yet neutered due too her amputation op we are waiting until next month....

Both couples have lived cage by cage for 6 months but have a screen dividing them as there is much stamping and chasing from Theo and Cleo if they cop eyes on them...

Twiglet once got out, I found her sat next to theo through the bars - she made a great pile of poos! Theo was shocked, however he did start to pull at the bars and scratch them- not sure if to attack her or get out??

Every time Twig hops past the run if she is free ranging- they both run over to look...

I have no concerns over Twig and Noodle bonding due to their age and tempremant, however I have a feeling Theo and Cleo will fight each other or twig and Noodle.........

I would love a bonded 4........ however dont want to loose the bond I have with Twig and Noodle.........

Advice Folks?

If they both have a good amount of space I would say don't do it, I have a foursome, but I actually think buns are happiest in pairs, if it ain't broke don't fix it :D

*keeps schtum* :lol:

I tried, got close but failed. I did it to give them more room, they have a good amount but I'd like them to have more. Next year I'm going to consider putting up a shed with aviary panels for one of the pairs and the other having the rooms they would have had as a foursome.

The only way to know is to try it but be prepared for a lot of effort.

I would be tempted to try it, because it would mean you could increase their space which is always a good thing.
But I would be prepared for a lot of work and the possibility it's not going to work. For a first meeting I would get a fairly small neutral pen, a tennis racket and a couple of friends with gloves just in case it goes really badly and you need to jump in.

I guess there's always the worry you could break your existing bonds though, only you can really assess the characters of your buns and decide whether you think it's a high risk situation.

I was actually just about to mention existing bonds. My two pairs have gone back to their normal strong bonds which never weakened during bonding. You'd have to be prepared for that possibility though.

Back