• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

want to introduce a third rabbit???is it poss??

clairelove

Warren Scout
I have a neutered male rabbit who is housed with my female rabbit she is 4yrs old they have been together for 3 wks now and get along so well with each other which i was worried about at first has my tara can be a nippier but they took so well..

Its been great seen them sleep together and play together so i was thinking about introducing another female to them! But im not sure if its poss, they have a good amount of space a 6ft,8ft shed to their selfs plus a 8ft,6ft run attached.

I just wanted to know really if its easy to do and if it can be done???

another reason i ask is i own a guinea rescue and ive have had 2 rabbits in today which were dumped in a field 1 rabbit is good size the other one has bite marks on her and is very thin i think the bites are from the other rabbit as i have seen her nip her(the thin one)..

the thin one i am seriously thinking of keeping looks really sad i have split them until a friend has at the RSPCA has the other one 2moz, she was going have both but i have fell inlove with this one and after quarantine i would like to bond them!she looks about 12mths old.

If they dont bond i could give her her own space in the shed next to my others but ideally i would like them all live together..

sorry for the long thread but im unsure of what to do and if it would work!?

I have a male female female trio and am very happy with it. You'd need to wait until the poor bun was better before you attempted bonding tho.

It sounds like the two females you are planning on introducing are not yet neutered? If that's the case you would definately need to get them done first, unneutered females very very rarely take to each other.

Back