• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Bunnies & Laminate Flooring

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Those of you who have indoor bunnies and laminate flooring .... how does bunny manage to run??

Dizzy and Rascal seem to be able to hop around slowly on the laminate but of course can't get any kind of speed up nor can they binky ... they just slide!

Don't want to get the living room re-carpeted but would like the bunnies to spend more time indoors (with a view to becoming house bunnies in the future)....just not sure what to do about the floor!

Do you just put rugs down or something?

Thanks, Jo x

and dont get ones with long thread, they just rip them out and eat them, which is very bad :shock:

I have to lift the rug off the floor each time biccy comes out, or he thinks its long grass im sure :lol:

I'm getting rugs this weekend for the lino in the hall way, as biccy slips on it too much.

well during the colder months, my bunnies are indoor rabbits, last winter hiccup decided to chew a 2 inch wide hole in my lino.....needless to say I was not impressed. but as soon as you look at their cute little faces you cant help but to forgive them! :love:

well during the colder months, my bunnies are indoor rabbits, last winter hiccup decided to chew a 2 inch wide hole in my lino.....needless to say I was not impressed. but as soon as you look at their cute little faces you cant help but to forgive them! :love:

This is what I was hoping to do ........ not chew a hole in your lino! LOL ..... I mean bring the buns indoors for winter, just don't want it to be a massive upheaval or OH won't agree to it ....if I can get them indoors with minimal fuss, we might be ok!

They have to come in for bonding in about 3-4 weeks so was thinking that maybe they could stay in then (end of Sept ...begining of Autumn n all that)!?

Having said that OH is making plans for extending their run again and building some sort of adventure playground type thing for them (tunnels, ledges, ramps etc etc) to explore in their run also he's talking about putting the party tent up covering the hutch and run so that I don't get soaked when I go out to visit them/clean them out etc and also getting heating and lighting put in it for them ......... so dunno if bringing them in might be more boring for them than staying out with all that lot going on!

Ive been meaning to ask about this too.

Dolly manages great, she skids around at some speed! She even hops up and down on the leather sofa.

Marley on the other hand wont come off the door mat! He just hates the floor, ive tried a couple of times to get him used to it but he leaps back onto me and clings on for dear life :lol: :love:

That's a good idea ....... I especially like the use of the word 'cheap'! lol

Are they ok for slippage??
:lol: I think they were £1.99 each. :D

They were prone to slipping a little, so we just bought some of the non-slip underlay (also from IKEA), cut it to size for each rug, and rolled each rug and underlay up together when we were finished with them.

It was easy to lay them out and roll them up - it worked for us anyway. :)

I had the same question recently: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=240231

I got one of the large nonslip vetbeds yesterday. It doesn't slip, but they've yet to venture onto it, preferring the slipping towels and bits of cardboard they're used to :roll:

I also thought of putting my yoga mat out (thin, rubber style one, not foam) as I don't really use it for yoga anymore :oops: and that seems like it's okay - though again, they haven't really gone on it yet!

I tried to buy those online but then they rang me up and said they didn't do them anymore and were cancelling my order. I don't know why they've still got them on the website.

Back