• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roger and Jemimah! U/D post 6

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Only managed to get one photo, since my memory card is full:evil:, will get a new one in a few days!

I started the bonding a while ago; it's not a difficult bond to do, but a strange one. Anyway here's today's progress!

SDC13206.jpg

Roger is such a lovely little man, he wouldn't hurt a fly, Mimah is the dominant one, we did have her humping him, though she seems to have gotten over than now, we've had grooming (from both parties) and flopping together too :love::love:.

The issue is that Roger is quite a scaredy bunny, a very stampy bunny, and Mimah goes up to him to clean his eyes (she moves quite suddenly) and he darts around stamping his feet, then after about 3 circles around Mimah doing this; she chases him, but there is no fur pulling. This is ongoing! I'm hoping it's just an issue of him needing to trust her, because she isn't hurting him! After he calms down they groom each other again :?! It's a tad confusing! I think I'm going to do it as a slow bond, and hopefully all will work out in the end.

I know why Roger is so scared though, we got him from Camp Nibble and the lady that took him there said he 'played' with her three alsatians.. when he got to Camp Nibble he was bald from the stress :(, poor little mite.

xx

Last edited:
Awwww bless poor little Roger! They make a very cute couple! :love: :love:

Tiggy was quite frightened of Bloo for a while (when he binkied or did strange hyper things) she was very reserved and not used to this huuuuge boisterous rabbit! But now she is the boss :D So theres one example of a timid bunny slowly learning to trust the other. It did take some time for her to settle down. I hope that Roger can settle too and learns that actually it's pretty nice to have a wifey to clean your eyesies!

Awwww they are very cute :love::love: How many bunnies do you have now in total?

Awwww bless poor little Roger! They make a very cute couple! :love: :love:

Tiggy was quite frightened of Bloo for a while (when he binkied or did strange hyper things) she was very reserved and not used to this huuuuge boisterous rabbit! But now she is the boss :D So theres one example of a timid bunny slowly learning to trust the other. It did take some time for her to settle down. I hope that Roger can settle too and learns that actually it's pretty nice to have a wifey to clean your eyesies!

Awwww they are very cute :love::love: How many bunnies do you have now in total?

Six now, I got Roger as we lost Brian; who was Jemimah's husbun prior to Roger and I couldn't leave her alone :(.

We have Lola and Max, Lenny and Betty and Jemimah and Roger :):love:

Roger is such an odd bunny! but he's lovely :lol:, his eyes are actually a very very deep red which is evident in main sunlight, I'm thinking this may cause some sight issues, however I don't mind, but may be why he's abit jumpy too!

Brian was a PEW and Max is a REW so it's easy enough to deal with! :love:

Thanks for the lovely comments xx

Here's some of Roger prior to bonding whilst I sort my camera! Look at his little ginger fuzzy ears,these bits have now molted off! :lol:

SDC13200.jpg

SDC13198.jpg

SDC13194-1.jpg

He still won't dare jump off the sofa bless him :lol::love::love:

Oooo Roger is so tiny (probably normal size for a lionhead) I'm notused to the smaller breeds. His fluffy ears & feet are soooo cute.:love::love::love:

Your buns are gorgeous JM & they look in suchgood health too. Love 'em to bits.

Oooo Roger is so tiny (probably normal size for a lionhead) I'm notused to the smaller breeds. His fluffy ears & feet are soooo cute.:love::love::love:

Your buns are gorgeous JM & they look in suchgood health too. Love 'em to bits.

Haha, his feet are so cute aren't they :lol:, little half and half! just like his coat, the brown at the back is short hair, whereas the white is long hair :lol::love:.

He's a lionhead crossed with a dutch I think, so I thought he'd be larger, but he's a very similar size to Mimah and she's full-blown lionhead :D

Awwwwwwwww come on Roger and Jemimah settle down now, Roger is soooo adorable, completely unique little face I love him:love:

Just seen this. Very cute bunnies, hope all works out well for them. :love::love: I couldn't believe that poor little bunny had been allowed to play with big dogsby a prevoous owner - I'm terrified of dogs, so what must a little bunny feel... Glad he has landed on his paws eventually. :wave:

Aww 6 bunnies! I am sure I have seen them all before in a previous sig you had. Sorry to hear about Brian :(

Roger has such a cute face! He is a lot tinier than I first thought! I love tiny buns :love:

Aww 6 bunnies! I am sure I have seen them all before in a previous sig you had. Sorry to hear about Brian :(

Roger has such a cute face! He is a lot tinier than I first thought! I love tiny buns :love:

Yes they were in my signature :), tiny buns are always the hardest to catch! :lol: but oh no wonderful! :love::love:

Just seen this. Very cute bunnies, hope all works out well for them. :love::love: I couldn't believe that poor little bunny had been allowed to play with big dogsby a prevoous owner - I'm terrified of dogs, so what must a little bunny feel... Glad he has landed on his paws eventually. :wave:

I know :( She wasn't actually his previous owner, quite a long story but she saved him from being PTS as his owner before was her friend and they kept two unneutered males together and of course they fought :(, the owner decided to have them both put to sleep but she saved him from that. I have no idea if the other bunny got saved :(, but in the process of looking after him; she allowed him to 'play' with the 3 big dogs :(,and then he finally found some stability at Camp Nibble thank goodness! :D

Yeah Roger, Aunty Hannah says 'stop being a big wuss' ;) You are a very lucky boy finding such a beautiful wife and lovely new mummy.

He looks really happy (in his own ridiculous fluffy way :p) thanks a million for giving him such a happy ending.

Back