• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

50 Bales of hay for free!

chelle

Warren Veteran
Yip -an advert for 50 free bales of hay! up for collection!:shock::D
In Ware, hertfordshire.

Ive emailed asking if its this years harvest & if I could take some or do they want all taken at once.
Goodness knows where I would store even afew - BUT was thinking maybe a few rescues would want some?

Will see if I get a reply!
If i do get one & they say i can have them all or some - does anyone else want any?
Does anyone have storage facilites?
Or transport that would be needed?

Ive never had to deal with hay in this volume....may not get a reply - but will see!:D

I think I'd be a bit wary. The hay harvest has apparently been really poor this year so if it's being given away, I'd wonder why...

Of course, if it is fine then it'd be great for rescues if they could take some. :D

Cor you are soo lucky ! Hay is in such short supply, for tiggy, ( my horsey) we have been buying it in for £3.50 a bale !! :O

I am surprised it is being given away, when supply is so short bales are being stolen :? I don;t expect it will take long for it to go.

My hay supplier warned me yesterday that he is running low because of the damp weather and one of the bales he delivered had got so damp in the middle it had started to compost :(

well never mind anyways! Its already been taken!

It was advertised on freecycle - hence why it was for free!:D

I also did wonder at the quality but htought it was worth having a look! oh welll - back to buying!:roll::lol:

Back