• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

herts-based bunny friendly vets?

catxx

Mama Doe
Does anyone know of rabbit friendly vets in St Albans/Hatfield area? There are several vets around here but I want to choose the right one for my soon-to-move-in bunnies!

What are good questions to ask when first speaking to a vets to ask about registering etc?

You're in St Albans right?
I go to Nine Lives vets in Redbourn. It was recommended to me by Fairy13 on this forum. They seem really good there :)

There's also Heath Lodge vets in St Albans. Never taken my rabbits there but I have done work experience with them and they seem very good.

Ah ok, Nine Lives might be a bit out of the way then. Heath Lodge is right in the town centre.

I would say Nine Lives is more geared towards rabbits though. It is specially for small animals and cats, they don't see larger dogs at all. It's nice not having dogs trying to sniff at the pet carrier when I've got the rabbits. :roll:

I found nine lives website, I'll give them a call and see if they think if I'm too far out. and try Heath Lodge too!

I use Roebuck surgery - its in stevenage - I travel about 40 mins to get there...may be abit far for you - not sure ..
I was rec. a vet that works there by a rabbit rescue centre..:D

Back