• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Expensive bunny!

maxbun

Warren Scout
Lynx had to have an abscess removed today from just between his back leg and tummy. The vet was really pleased as the capsule came out complete and he couldn't find any tracking from anywhere else. He has recovered superbly from the anaesthetic and is eating fine. The stictches are under the skin so he can't chew them and I've put him back with Millie but am keeping a close eye on them. The bill was £183 - I nearly died as my friend has just had her labrador spayed and that only cost £150!! My husband had said "don't spend too much money on him will you!! He hasn't asked how much so I'm just keeping quiet!!!

glad to hear your bunny is well.
Good vets arnt cheap, I am familiar with paying that sort of price. More complicated ops are more expensive:shock:

Glad he's ok. That's quite cheap tbh, it can cost £300+ per night if they have to stay in and need intensive treatment. I would maybe look into getting pet insurance, it's around £9 a month depending on age/pre-existing medical conditions and the excess is about £55ish with Petplan and they pay out up to £2,000 per year per bun :wave:

Back