• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does it mean?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
When a bun is quite happy to climb all over you and dig you etc, but will only let you have a few strokes before hopping off?

Does the fact that they have hopped onto and over you mean they trust you? I mean, surely, they must know from smell at least, which lump on the sofa is you etc?

Well, Twinkle will lick us to death but doesnt like being stroked - though it has got better over time. I imagine it means he trusts you and knows its you but doesnt feel comfortable with strokies yet - maybe he doesnt know its nice if he hasnt had much of it before.

I dunno if that makes sense!!

Well, Twinkle will lick us to death but doesnt like being stroked - though it has got better over time. I imagine it means he trusts you and knows its you but doesnt feel comfortable with strokies yet - maybe he doesnt know its nice if he hasnt had much of it before.

I dunno if that makes sense!!

Its not my 'he', its the 'she' in the house, Winter!! She does like strokies but usually when she is snuggled with Rimmi and I stroke them both.... or when shes on one of her beds.... but if she is trampling over me, she will let me have 5 strokes before hopping off, lol.

Surely it means that she trusts me if shes jumping on me and sitting there etc? She must know she is sitting on me etc?

Yes I'm sure it means that. Ruby does this too. She gets a it annoyed and frustrated by stokes, but she is still very trusting of me to climb all over me :D

I'm Avin the same kinda prob but sophie was laid o
me last nite for 2hrs but thts bcoz I put her there bt she relaxed within 5 mins,bt today she wudnt really come near me and run away frm me

Yes I'm sure it means that. Ruby does this too. She gets a it annoyed and frustrated by stokes, but she is still very trusting of me to climb all over me :D

Hehe, I couldnt reply for a min there because Rimmi and Winter were quite happily grooming each other on my chest so I couldnt see the laptop screen. Dont buns make you :love:

I think that is quite normal for a young bun. She trusts you OK no problems there. It took may be a year before my bun liked to be stroked, & there was no complication of a bond with another bun. I think it's very much on the bun's terms. Mine only liked to be stroked at certain times for ages.

I think we forget that when we stroke them we are putting our scent on them, so there has to be a very strong bond for them to be comfortable with that.

I think that is quite normal for a young bun. She trusts you OK no problems there. It took may be a year before my bun liked to be stroked, & there was no complication of a bond with another bun. I think it's very much on the bun's terms. Mine only liked to be stroked at certain times for ages.

I think we forget that when we stroke them we are putting our scent on them, so there has to be a very strong bond for them to be comfortable with that.

I had not thought of that Thumps! Thats a very good point! And she is a very nose orientated bun as her eyes arent so good. Bless :love:

You are so wise!

Its not my 'he', its the 'she' in the house, Winter!! She does like strokies but usually when she is snuggled with Rimmi and I stroke them both.... or when shes on one of her beds.... but if she is trampling over me, she will let me have 5 strokes before hopping off, lol.

Surely it means that she trusts me if shes jumping on me and sitting there etc? She must know she is sitting on me etc?

Sorry me getting the wrong end of the stick AGAIN! :lol:

Back