• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

was told she was close to death...:(

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
poor bif..she went in for her dental...and i got the lounge cleaned up and ready for her return..wonder why the vets hadnt rung yet.
so i rang them only to leave the phone in floods of tears.

as soon as the vet went to admin the propofol she crashed. She wouldnt wake up..her heart rate was very bad....she couldnt even move her eyelids:cry:

i was told if she survived the next half hour theyd ring me..they did.....then they said the next hour..she was still breathing but it wasnt good.

eventually i was told she was breathing alone and was on a heatpad with a drip.

early hours i was told her eyelids had moved....another leap.

middayish i was told she was being syringe fed on her drip...and moved across the kennel.

but was advised it was still serious because of hw weak and ill she was.

ellen rang me back to say...she was taking the syringe....she was much better but ellen had to quickly rasp her molars but said they werent the root cause pardon the pun...but a secondary problem.

ellen said i could take her home and nurse her myself as she wasnt eating but had done some poos and i know the orutine well enough and shed feel better at home unless she relapsed.

i picked her up in the taxi and ellen gave me metacam for her..i told her i jad metaclop and zantac at home ..cc etc etc.....

ellen said shes hoping she will pick up back home...and is amazed she survived the first few hrs let alone the night and wow she survived at all.

poor little bif..shes very wobbley..weak and moving but not taking her feed..shes tried to eat hay tho...but her mouth was too sore.

ive got to keep an eye on her seriously.

ellens not happy with her health probs and has done a bloodworks and is going to ring me in a few days..if its nothing then ellen agreed it could well be possible its the effects of grief of losing salem........she was his mum.....she even litter trained him when he was a teeny kitten.

im keeping fingers crossed. i cried and cried thinking wed lost her.

im still worried sick.......

please send vibes........shes such a fighter......and survived some real horrors.

ive had her for four and a half years........my very first rescue bun:love:

shes like a floppy rag doll trying to walk:cry:

thanks gem for updating my original thread:wave:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=241575

what an awful thing to happen :( poor little bif, but what a fighter, i'm sending mega positive vibes yours and hers way, i really really hope she pulls through.

You must be exhausted with all the emotional ups and downs that have happened today, have you got someone with you to help as you're probably not going to get any sleep tonight are you?

Hope you're both ok xxx

I hope she gets better soon and that things go back to a bit of normality for you.

She's already proved he's willing to put in the effort :love:

xxx

She's a tough little girl :love:

You've all been in my thoughts all day Debs and will continue to be :)

:love:

thank you all so much xx

myself and my daughter whoise foot is broken are sleeping on the two bed settees in the lounge..bertie has 3/4 of the lounge to himself and the hall and kitchen.
bif is at the end where the tv is.she likes it on but low.and nikki right next to her..reminds her of being in nikkis room..which she loves running around in.

she has her hideaway cardboard box..her massive litter tray like a babay bath..ive cleaned out the dirty litter but not scrubbed it as id like her to smell her own smell.
her cuddly toys....chew balls..slinkys int he pen and merlins chube..her n merlin spend some time together from time to time for about an hour maybe two.

but recently merlins panicked and wanted out....now we know why....he knew she was ill.

ive tried feeding her again but to no avail..she lets it slide out of her mouth....:(

shes hidden herself under the tiny table nikkis drinks are on..shes fast asleep..maybe the metacam and being home has let her sleep.
but i will wake her up in another hour to try feeding her again...poor girlie.

dont stop the vibes please..berties happy to have her home even tho theyre unbonded....he sleeps alongside the panels when shes stressed. in fact when she faced salems body..she ran to bertie for comfort!!

zuzus asleep now her bunny mummys home.

ive even tried bif with some dole apple snack..its in pouches you can "drink" from..its pure pureed apple with apple fibre. but she took a teeny lick and spat it out too.

shes up again.......nope shes gone and hid again:(

Oh what a horrible time you've had.... :(

**Keep Fighting** Bif!! Sending lots and lots of Get Well Soon vibes xx :love:

Back